Introduce yourself!

5255 posts / 0 new
Last post

Let me start off by saying, I hate writing about myself. I hate doing bios of any kind. Look at that you've already learned something about me without even knowing my name...

Alright time to be serious...My name is Candace and I live in the great state of Texas.

I made a traditional paper scrapbook in high school to document my time in Child Development classes. I LOVED it and still have it. I wasn't able to keep up with scrapbooking back then due to financial reasons. Scrapbooking is expensive!

I can't remember how I discovered the world of digital scrapbooking, but I do remember Google searching one day and discovered a whole world I didn't know existed. A couple of years ago, I did another search to see if any of the sites were still out there (spoiler alert - they weren't), but what did come up was this site. I checked it out and bam! new obsession. It took me a few months to decide to pay for a subscription, but when I did the obsession grew even more because I could download anything I wanted.I'm still amazed at all that you have access to for such a low price!

I recently in the middle of February, jumped into the decorative planning world. I'm planning on taking some of the print kits (and possibly other things) from this site and use them in some of my planner layouts. Talk about combining your two obsessions into one!

Alright enough about me!

Welcome to DigitalScrapbook.com, Candace. Love your profile picture. My man and I got to see Chris in concert last month and we get to see him again in September. smiley

Thanks for the welcome!

I actually just saw him again this past Saturday (the 13th)!

Hello lovelies! I have been around PxS for a few years now. I haven't been too active on the boards or in the forum but am wanting to be more connected to the community. I love to use the digital papers and elements to design invitations (mostly birthday and baby shower) and have used a few templates to create my own elements. Both my kids will be in school soon and I am REALLY looking forward to having some days to myself. I badly want to learn to create digital papers but do not, currently, have the patience to teach myself how to use design software beyond what I already know how to use (PrintMaster). I would love to take a Photo Shop course at the local community college. Especially b/c I'd be able to purchase the program with the student discount!

Hello! My name is Evelyn. However, my friends call me Evie! I have been scrapbooking for almost 20 years. I started with traditional scrapbooking and have since converted to digi scrapping. This works better for me as I am an elementary school teacher and don't have the time to devote to traditional scrapping. I am married to my wonderful husband, Tod, and we have three children and five grandchildren. We also have four fur babies. I am excited to be a part of the DigitalScrapbook.com community!

Welcome Kate and Evelyn!!!

Thank you so much, Tammy!

Welcome everyone! Thanks so much for saying hello!

Hi! I am Kathy Black and am known as blackkathy in the digi world. I have been scrapping in Photoshop and PSE for around ten years and just love it. I can create for hours using my family photos. Just love the resources you have here and the talent is awesome! Thank you so much for all that you guys do! smiley

Hello from Texas.... happily retired and learning to make digital scrapbook pages of our adventures when we visit different states.... we are going to try to cover all lower 48 states, been to Alaska and Hawaii... Thank you for making it fun.. smiley

I am loving all things art, combining elements, and playing with mixed media currently. I found a way to slow if not silence my brain and give it direction with creating projects. Thank you for such an amazing inspirational page and all the help. So very grateful. Still just starting out and playing but gaining direction quickly.

Hey everyone!
My name is Nili, I'm 36 years old (OH MY GOD I'm soooo old lol), I'm from Israel, married to Andrey for 6 years (we have just celebrated our 6th-anniversary last week!) this is our second marriage for both of us.
I have 3 sons. 12 & 10 years old son from my first marriage and 5 years little son from my current marriage.

Since I know my self I loved to design Digital stuff.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough confidence to show my designs since I'm so, perfectionist and I always think that my designs are not finished lol.

I'm so in love with DigitalScrapbook.com! I'm here on and off since 2016 I think, so thank you so much Marisa for making this GREAT and useful Place.

Hello,

I'm Angenise and I've lived in Ohio all my life. My parents are from the Caribbean (Antigua and Trinidad) but I was born here. I am a mom of 12 (8 birthed and 4 blended through marriage) and married to a retired aircraft engine mechanic who I tease and call "Tim the Toolman Taylor" because he has our garage filled with tools! He's super handy and the kids love helping him. I started loving scrapbooking back in 2009, when I wanted to give our daughter something to document the birth of her son. I made my first scrapbook. Fast forward to now and I'm a photographer + calligrapher who loves all things paper and pretty! I love digital scrapbooking because of the freedom. I still love traditional scrapbooking but don't have as much time to dedicate to doing so.
Thanks for all the beauties you share with us Marisa! Nice to virtually meet everyone!

Hello my name is Laura. I am a card maker and scrapbooker. I am from the great state of Oklahoma. I went to college for graphic design, but couldn't finish unfortunately. I started to scrapbook when I was a kid with my older sister. I didn't get back into until a couple years ago when I was in college. I was looking on Pinterest for inspiration on an assignment and came across a scrapbook layout. Then that led me to handmade cards. Now I am officially hooked.

So many new faces! Thanks everyone for saying hello. smiley

Hi! I'm Justyna and I'm from central Europe. I've been a scrapbooker for around ten years (it'r really hard to remember how and when exactly it all started!) and it's my biggest passion. I'm really into Project Life but I also create layouts and mini albums. Love to be here!

Hi everyone, I'm Joyce and I live in Indonesia.

My first scrapbook was a full scrapbook workshop/course I did when I was still in elementary. I didn't do any scrapbooking until three years ago, and I haven't regretted it since. I made the change to digital a year after I first started, because the only store in my area closed its doors and the nearest store after that was 2 hours away. Everything I do is in digital now, except for my journal and planner which I still keep in books.

I found DigitalScrapbook.com through a blog train posted on DeviantArt - I can't find it now for the life of me, though. It's been a while since then but I've finally decided to make an account now. I'm really hoping to share and contribute to the community soon.

Welcome everyone! So many new ladies from all over the globe!

Hi all! My name is Jen and I'll be turning the big 4-0 in just a few weeks. Yikes! I currently live in Eastern Massachusetts with my boyfriend but I have lived all over the US and spent most of my childhood and teen years in the South. I do miss my sweet tea! My favorite place to live was Alaska and I can't wait to go back and visit. Someday I'd like to make the PNW my home. I've been scrapbooking for well over 14 years and have been doing hybrid layouts for about 8 of them. I found DigitalScrapbook.com because I was recently selected to be part of the 2019 Sahin Designs Creative Team. Super excited and honored to be part of a group with such creative, amazing ladies. Can't wait to dig in to see what everyone has created! smiley

Hi everyone! I’m Audrey and am a med male defense attorney by day and a hybrid scrapper by night. I love both of my jobs, but am a bit more partial to my scrapping passion. I love to create. My favorite part about hybrid scrapping is being able to take digital elements and transfer them to paper. I’m happy to be here and really enjoy the inspiration I am getting from all you creatives.

Hi I'm Rachel,
I'm 39, Australian, married, and a stay at home mum of two young kids. Before having children, I was working as a graphic designer, and now I put almost all my creative energy into scrapbooking about our family.

I actually had to research scrapbooking for work, and found digital scrapbooking through 2 Peas... eek must be well over ten years ago! I thought it was a weird thing at first but I loved the "paper" designs. The first scrapbook pages I did were for work. Soon I wanted to create my own digital pages in Photoshop, which wasn't much of a learning curve given that I was already trained in Ps. However, I learnt a LOT about the rationale behind scrapbooking, and particularly journalling, from The Paperclipping Roundtable, a podcast which has sadly finished. (I love podcasts for hearing about how other scrapbookers approach things, and am currently listening to "Pocket Talk".) Eventually I switched from digital to physical Project Life.

Now I mainly work on the Project Life app on my iPad. I used to struggle to complete 12 digital layouts a year in Photoshop, because I'm too much of a perfectionist. Now with the PL app I can get a lot more done, but sometimes want to be a bit more creative, so I've been playing around with Affinity Photo too, lately!

I kinda forgot about DigitalScrapbook.com, but a friend in a Facebook Scrapbooking group reminded me! So many beautiful creations from talented designers here!

Hi all! I´m Ann-Sofie from Sweden and I might have introduced myself five years ago, when I visited here quite often. I am a digital, hybrid and physical scrapper, why choose when you can have it all? smiley I started with stamping and card making but now I mostly do the memory keeping things like pocket layouts and ordinary layouts, mostly digital. I am a new member of Sahin designs creative team and love all the things with DigitalScrapbook.com, the great tutorials and all the graphics. I´m glad to be back here again, but maybe my hard drive and the computer memory isn´t quite that happy smiley

So fun to have so many new faces to say hello to! So glad to have people with all sorts of experience joining us.

Hi! I'm Amberleigh - 30-something, married, mom of 1. Global Trade professional by day and documenter by...well, all the time really. I have kept diaries, planners, to-do and to-done lists, journals of varying kinds, and I have loved it all. Recently, with the birth of my first born, I have felt compelled to document with words AND photos. The analyst in me immediately began researching. I took to Pinterest and YouTube and very quickly found the modern memory keeping community. It was perfect - photos and journaling working together creating a beautiful personal history. My husband bought me my first 12x12 album and all the papers for my birthday and I began right away. A short 8-months later I completed my first December Daily project. I love it! So, I am continuing the journey. I have made the choice to go digital in 2019, mostly because we live in a modest home tight on space so, it seems practical to work on digital pages through the year and have them bound into a photo book. I just discovered PixelScrapper and fell in love with the authentic and passionate community. I am excited to join you smiley

Hey! I´m Julia. 36 years old, married and a mom of a 5 years old beautiful daughter. In real life I´m a teacher (economics and German) an I live in a very small town in the middle of germany. My husband is a soldier. I was creative all my life long, mostly painting abstract art with acryl paint. But after the birth of my daughter I was looking for something to keep all these memories and emotions having and raising a child - so here I am... hope to see a lot of inspiration... smiley

Good morning everyone!
I'm a married mom of one little guy and two fur babies, from South Africa.
I've always been obsessive about the concept of documenting and preserving memories - journaling, photography, art journaling, pocket scrapping, you name it... I've very recently joined the world of scrapbooking (digital or other) but I've been watching from the sidelines for a while. I am in love with this website and I am in awe of the resources available. I love learning new techniques and skills and practicing them on my own layouts.
I am looking forward to being inspired and (hopefully) inspiring others.

Welcome everyone! Thanks for saying hello!

@Ann-Sofie: Perfect quote!

Quote:
I am a digital, hybrid and physical scrapper, why choose when you can have it all?

Welcome to all our new members!

My name is Monica. I'm very new to paper crafting... Only been at it for a year! I love creating and making. I love paper! It's just so amazing what you can do with it. I enjoy this site very much and have only just discovered it!

Welcome Monica!

Pages