Introduce yourself!

5257 posts / 0 new
Last post

Welcome everyone! Thanks for saying hello.

Hi, name is Loretta (aka Ret). I have been a programmer for many, many years. I'm no longer doing that due to some medical conditions. I've always been interested in arts and crafts (my grandmother's influence). My sisters are much more talented than I. My younger sister started Bible Journaling a few years ago as something to do while she was confined to her bed. I got interested in it during this last year, but found that it was hard for me to sit at a table and get all the supplies set out and then run out of energy. Enter Be The Light conference a few weeks ago and a session by Robin Sampson about Bible Journaling digitally! I'm hooked. Robin is also the reason I found out about DigitalScrapbook.com. Thank you, all for the wonderful graphics and tutorials!

Hi, y'all. Thank you for accepting me as a new member of this group, and thanks to all the folks who share their graphics. I can't draw but I love making card images for my Facebook friends. You're a wonderful resource and a great source of inspiration. My "day job" - I've been a volunteer for about 20 years now - is genealogy. I run a couple of Pennsylvania USGenWeb and USGenWeb Archives sites and do lookups for folks who're researching in my neck of Penn's Woods.

Hi my name is Anita and I’ve been digital scrapbooking for over 14 years now, around ten of them I was also designing.

After a marriage breakdown, two close deaths in the family, the loss of all my work in a double EHD/PC crash and burn combined with a nose dive in my health .... well I took a break from designing for a few years.

Still taking things one step at a time, I never really stopped scrapping just slowed down a little, and as far as designing goes ... well that is just in the blood now so to speak. smiley

Having said that, my main reason for signing up here is because I miss the community that I enjoyed so much when I first discovered digiscrapping at Two Peas in a Bucket and then later at DigiShopTalk. So much has changed and many of the great sites that used to run have disappeared but there’s also some fabulous new ones popped up as well as many fabulous new designers.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi All I am Joolse I am from Scotland UK.
I am near the age of retirement I love crafting especially memory books and journal I have 3 very grown up children and 10 grandchildren so I have a lot of memories to record.
I work as a customer service advisor but crafting is my passion I have recently been dabbling in mixed media.

Welcome everyone! Thanks for saying hello.

Thank you!

Hi everyone...my name is Dianne and I've been a member here for a year now. I thought I had already introduced myself when I first joined this site, but realized I hadn't when I attempted to upload a layout. I searched for myself on this thread but couldn't find me lol.
I live in British Columbia Canada with my husband and daughter. I have three other children, all adults, and just had my first grandchild on October 20th. I just love this site, and am here almost every day. I enjoy looking at other members layouts... you are all so talented! I've watched lots of tutorials and just recently made my own first cluster smiley I must admit I'm addicted to digital scrapbooking and have learned a lot since making my first book, which now looks to me Neanderthal-ic lol. I currently use Photoshop CS3 and have found some great online photo editing sites. A few final words here to Marisa and Jordan, firstly, congratulations on your new baby, and secondly, thank you for this awesome site, it is my favorite place to be online smiley

Hello! My name is Jaye and I'm pretty new to digital scrapbooking. I got burned out on actual paper scrapbooking a while back. I've just recently gotten the bug to start doing something again, so I decided to give digital a try. I've been scouring the internet for graphics, so I was thrilled to find DigitalScrapbook.com!

Hi. I am Ruth Bevan, A retired teacher, rather new to digital scrapbooking. I enjoy Bible journaling of all types and really like this site.

Hi ya'll! It is great to have everyone! Jump on in and have some fun! I am Nae and you are going to LOVE it here!♥

Hi, I'm Sam. I've been lurking on and off this site for nearly 6 years now. Not sure why I never popped in over here. I think I thought maybe this would be a passing fancy for my art interests. That I wouldn't keep coming back. But I do, and I still want to digitally scrapbook...so... Hi!

I still haven't managed to squeeze in time to really do a lot of digital scrapbooking. I have dabbled a couple of times but not much. It seems my perfectionist side & insecurities stunt me.

I see other people's layout and I know that it looks good. I know they did a fantastic job. But what if mine turns out looking blah? What if I do it wrong? What if my style is a little more subdued with not as much elements / embellishments on the page as others? What if I forget all graphic training and forget to use any grids and my layout is all over the place and it is in shambles? What if I don't like how it looks, but the wife/family do like it - do I keep it or try to redo it again and again and again... smiley

And at the same time I go "it's ok" ... "what's important is that YOU like it." ... "Yes, people teach how to do it, but it's no different than teaching any art -- it is their style, their process they are teaching to get your feet wet, ultimately there is no RIGHT or WRONG way" ... "You'll learn from any mistakes or "mistakes" you make." ... "You'll learn from happy accidents" ... "You'll be fine" smiley

So instead of getting my feet too wet, I gather digital scrapbooking bits and pieces from this site and one or two others and get overwhelmed by having too much "stuff." Because "ohh that's pretty" or "so cute! got to have it" and so on. I am so glad it's digital and not physical because I think we'd need another back bedroom lol! smiley

I am hoping I can re-organize some of the clutter of the digital pictures I have. I might tackle the mess of my scrapbooking items. All the re-organizing is with the idea that I could breathe a bit and maybe one day start doing some real scrapbooking.

So I'm a newbie still. smiley I will likely still lurk on and off, depends how time treats me. You know how life can be. smiley

Hi Sam I am Nae. I have not been in here long but I love it. I believe that anytime you are creating something there is no wrongs OR rights as long as you are doing something you are progressing and that is a huge plus! I think you coming in and speaking your heart says alot. It says that you are progressing and I am gonna tell you. I never stop learning. I learn something I did not know every day so we are right in there with you. I started psping years and years ago I did not have one single clue about it. I just knew that it spoke to my soul and I wanted to do it. I practiced, played around and learned every day. I was scared like you that it would be wrong or that I was kidding myself thinking I could actually do this. Well here I am many years later still at it. I have since learned on my own how to create websets, layouts, skins for forums, tags, animations and now scraps. I do not know everything but I am trying. I appreciate your honesty and want you to know that you are among great folks. SO just jump in and create make something that you love. Everything you create is coming from you and I believe everyone has something beautiful to show and give to the world. You got this girl.... God Bless and have a very wonderful night and WELCOME. ♥Nae

Thanks for saying hi everyone! Happy to see some new faces, and some old friends just saying hi now.

Hi all! I am a stay at home mom and still in college, I do a lot of school work and Bible Journal in my free time! I love being a mom, above all else..It is humbling when you watch your children grow into great people, knowing that you were a part of what influenced them! God is the most important influencer of course! I found PixelScrapper through a friend, Heather Brown, and I love being able to find single elements to create my own layouts in order to document my walk with the Lord.

I can't lie though, I would love to see MORE FAITH BASED ELEMENTS in here! That would be a wonderful addition!

Hi, I am Martina and I am from Slovakia. I am so glad to find and join this beautiful community, and hopefully will share some of my designs soon. In my work, I am a vector pattern designer, who loves scrapbooking and all kinds of paper crafting, even in digital form.
I am mum of 2 beautiful girls, they are 14 and 11. We have our dream home with a big garden in a small village, but now we live temporarily in Belgium.

Welcome, Heather and Martina!

hi everyone, i Tamra from Ohio, like to paint, zentangle, and scrapbook/journal. i am taking a class on Robin Sampson's site that referred me here and she talks about how much easier it is to digi-scrapbook (for clean up) i thought i'd try. admittedly i'm not sure how to begin,, i'm here to learn, be inspired maybe encouraging to others too i hope

Hello Everyone! I am a newly retired, loving every minute of it, wife, mother of two grown kiddos, and grandmother to six. I stay really busy and don't know how I ever had time for a full time job. LOL I have many hobbies: Photography, scrap booking, cooking, and so many more.

Welcome! Thanks for saying hello.

Hi all! I am a Minnesota (born and raised) wife and mom to 2 college girls. I have a full time job outside the home and we live in the Minneapolis area. I have been scrapbooking for over 20 years and the last 10 years mostly digital. I do a lot with the Project Life app and just recently the Over app, and some stuff in Photoshop Elements on the laptop.

I have loved everything on this site so much and am very thankful a friend recommended it. I can’t spend much on digital supplies with 2 college kids so this has been a Godsend! I hope to do some designing someday and contribute to this great site.

Hello Kari! I'm a newbie here as well. I'm not new to digital scrap booking, but new here. It's been great here. Cant wait to see your designs!

Welcome!

@Kari: My family is from Minnesota, and I grew up there until I was 12. Actually just heading back there for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks. Hoping to see some snow!

It's super cold in MN and we have some snow now but not sure it will stay! Fun to have that MN connection! Thanks for the vision you had in creating this site!

Welcome to DigitalScrapbook.com, Kari! It's a delight to have you here. We have a lot of family in the Twin Cities area, and go through regularly. smiley

Welcome everyone! It is great to have you here. I am Rena aka Nae. God Bless and Have a GREAT day!♥

Hello all!
i am new here, I love scrapbooking, haven't tried digital yet as I cannot afford to buy software but I do use little elements and pages to printout and use physically. I also Bible Journal and this site has the best elements! Would love to see more faith based elements too! Thanks for such a wonderful site and for making it so that those who can't afford to purchase things can still grab small elements and stuff from the commons!

Thanks, glad to be here!

Welcome Heather. Did you know that Adobe offers a subscription plan? For almost $11/month, I get unlimited access to several programs such as photoshop and lightroom. It makes it simpler than buying a $600 program that needs upgrades every year! Welcome to the site!

Kari, welcome! Sounds like you have a lot of cool things to scrap!

Pages