February 2023 Design Challenge Letter C

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
February 2023 Design Challenge Letter C

Welcome and thanks for joining in. .

The color hex codes are for apps that manage colors like Adobe PSE or Microsoft Office.

LINKS
There is a collecion of palettes here and please look at this One of Marisa's goodies.
See this here one by Marisa on making swatches from photos, awesome thread that is.
See this great post by Robyn Denton on colors.
Check this on pinterest by Kaleena Farmer.
Robyn Denton has so many great tips and here is yet another one that I love, for everyone who does not have the right app to check gamut with.

That palette is Halloween-y. lol But, I think I have a better idea for it: a tropical vibe. Even though I'm just about finished with my beach kit for February's blog train, I'm thinking a more tropical kit for the Commons and some CU tropical elements and papers for my freebie thread. It's beach weather somewhere! lol

In South Africa it is beach weather now. Very hot.

I can't even imagine how hot it is there, Gail! Are you going to participate?

I thought about what I said--a tropical vibe--last night, and decided against doing another beach-themed kit so soon. One on top of the other is a little too much. lol

Yup, I am busy with a kit. I Did one for the A part. Having fun doing them even if I am a bit slow.

Awesome! Glad to see someone else doing these besides me. lol

smiley lol, I was thinking summer. Feb is a bit of a scorcher in Australia as well. But now that you mention it , @Christina , there is also Halloween to be seen ….

HAHA I ended up keeping 3 of your colors and adding a bunch of my own from a photo of my granddaughter. I wanted to give myself color options. It's going to be a generic kit.

This is my kit so far. I am trying to think of a name for it and then I can add more elements. I need a lot of practice on choosing a theme and name, but it will come (eventually).
[img=600x600][/img]

.These are great colors with a vintage vibe they are really well put together and I will defs have a play with them trying to get the hang of procreate. smiley

Very beautiful kit, Gail. So elegant , love the presence of the stripes and the flowers on the leaves look Awsome! Many thanks for joining in.
I see what you mean with names and topics or themes. One way to go might be to name the kit with the release date. Like kit one , two or 83 in Jan 23. Another way is to name the swatch like this here one. is a swatch that could be named with one of the Color names or a combo thereof.
If we look at Marisa‘s (I get a lot from how she does things) new bundle I think it is a great way to approach a swatch. A mini like you made here. Then you can pick a simple theme like fruit, garden or summer and evolve some ellie’s or clusters around that topic. Or you can make a sticker sheet with more of a themed character. A good idea from @Holly Wolf is to have 5 elements in each color.

Thanks Bina. Will have a look and see what I can come up with.

Here is my final kit with a name as you suggested Bina. I will start uploading them to the Commons from today.[img=600x600][/img]

Bina: Yes, I'll probably add some vintage-y elements to it, but I'm not going with any specific theme this time other than "be yourself" stuff in the form of wordart.

Gail: Wow, nice job! You've certainly upped your game since the extravaganza. smiley Now that I see the colors together via elements and papers, I'm getting a melon vibe from your kit.

Also, you don't always have to have a theme. Even Marisa's Good Life bundles are mostly generic. You could just come up with a silly name, or something simple like I did with Be Yourself, or Bina's suggestion with the swatch names: Quiet Peachy Orchid. lol For the Valentine's Day kit I'm doing, I translated "Valentine's Day" from English to Italian: San Valentino. My point is, there are many options for naming kits and coming up with themes.

Thanks. I am learning. I don't think Google has worked so hard on how to make this or that. LOL.

You're welcome! Also, here's another way to come up with a name for a theme: Say you're doing a beach kit. You could Google "beach related sayings" or "beach related words" and go from there.

.So great, Gail. I do it much like you although I am sometimes tempted to go with names of nail polishes like Pine Wine, just kidding. ..

I'll be uploading Be Yourself to the Commons later today. I'll also be posting a CU template/overlay kit to my freebie thread.

This is beautiful, Christina!

Lovely kit.

Thank you so much, Lisel and Gail!

Oh. Wow, Christina! What a fab kit, so beautiful. Such gorgeous ellies and fab papers with great patterns and textures.I really love the kit. Thanks again for playing along.

Thank you so much, Bina, for hosting these challenges! Always interesting to see what you come up with next.

:
: smiley smiley smiley So happy you like them. I have been having internet only sporadically, so I am glad I got next month covered already but after that I might need to go to maccas to ul lol

Well, whenever you get around to posting, that's just fine! Luckily, my internet company is very reliable. I've only had one outage in the 2 years I've been living at my current residence.