January 2017 Commercial Use Blog Train - Final List

109 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ladies, this post is now updated and is the final list of the train so make sure that your links are correct and if you are still working on your contribution post it here by January 15th.

THank you, Sharon! I like them so much I am using them to make papers for another blog train I belong to lol!!! EVERYONE has such beautiful paper templates! I can't wait to use them!

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Sharon!

@Laurel…you know what they say "great minds think alike" smiley BTW I love your floral on the dark background and the watercolor one is awesome!!

@Kiana…love the variety of shapes in your floral paper and the heart paper is too cute

@Krissy…great patterns on your papers, I especially love your textured papers!!

@Miss Lizzy…what fantastic patterns, the one with the arrows is my favorite!!

Quick question, I notice this thread says it is the final list. Will there be a different "final list" thread so that all the comments aren't scattered between the previews of our papers?

Awwww thanks Dawn!! Yours are great as well!!

Awwww thanks Dawn!! Yours are great as well!!

Is there a good reference place for a how-to on those fantastic patterns everyone has done? I'd love to learn how to create some of my own! TIA!

Hi Laurel! Which software do you use? Perhaps I can assist you.

Is it too late to join in? I would love to participate

Adobe Photoshop CC. I always put together "artsy" stuff because I don't know how to do all that pattern stuff lol! Thanks, Sharon!

That'd be fantastic, Dana! I always love your stuff!

Thanks Laurel, I'm making the preview at the moment sooo .. smiley

This will be available on my blog on January 15th
BLOG

For anyone who would need it. I made a HTML list from all the participants to add in your blog post
Download here and copy it in your post

Hi Laurel! I just found a video tutorial from Marisa, this pretty much explains what I was going to tell you. I only know how to do basic patterns, it would be so nice if someone could share how to do more intricate patterns on Photoshop. Hopefully someone will see this post. Here is the tutorial right here: basic pattern

Although it shows polka dots, you can change it to any shape. That's what I do.

Please let me know how it goes. Also, you can go to YouTube, in which I found a tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-r-dnoX64s

Fantastic! Thank you Sharon!!!!

My pleasure, Laurel.

@Laurel…I use an action I bought from Boop Designs, it's called Pattern Paper Creator. You can use any element(s) and it will space it out evenly for you. I used it to create the bottom 2 hexagon papers. I used smaller and smaller hexagons and layered the .png overlays. On the middle hexagon paper I simple off-set the overlays until I achieved what I wanted. HERE is a link to her blog. There are a few different paper creator actions on this specific page. I've got several of her actions and they are so easy to use and work flawlessly. Hope this helps

Thanks, Dawn!

Oh wow Dawn, I like Boop's store. Thank you for sharing. smiley

Thank you, Dawn!!
smiley

Laurel, guess what?! Well I found a pattern source that has FREE pattern action. Go to this link: http://www.deliciousscrapshop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67_89

I think it is for Photoshop. Yes, it is for Photoshop.

Thank you all ladies.

And Dawn, I'm glad you like them!

OMG!! Thank you sooooooo much Dawn and Sharon for sharing the awesome links!! smiley

BTW, Should I share the patterns download link now??

Wow! Thank you Sharon! Fingers crossed I have time tomorrow on my day off of school to play around!

Thanks, everyone! Beautiful work!

More intricate patterns that "walk" up the page on an angle can be done very similarly, just offset your layers both horizontally and vertically by 1/4, 1/3, or 1/5, then add more to it (either by brushing new bits in or copying and moving your existing parts), and keep doing the offset until you get it all filled in.

Yes, Krissy, it's the 15th--go ahead and get your download link posted!

Thanks Girls smiley

Pages