June 2023 Design Challenge Letter K

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
June 2023 Design Challenge Letter K

Welcome to the June 2023 Design Challenge and the letter K.
Join in by using above swatch or your own that has at least one color from above swatch and make either / and just like you prefer:

graphics (any amount, 1 is fine if you are a beginner)
a pattern
a kit (any kit, a mini, a journaling kit, a layout kit)

If you would like to up your ante you can make a kit consisting of the following items only:

8 patterned papers
1 dots, 1 stripes, 1 tartan, 1 damask, 1 chevron or waves, 1 floral, 1 fun, 1 choice
(that can be smaller or bigger dots, stripes or floral or a second fun pattern)

1 word art
5 word strips
2 frames
2 tags
1 fastener
5 misc elements
for example: flower, flair, paper clip, paint,
transfer, cluster, journal card, scrap, more frames
or tags etc...

You can additionally challenge yourself and include the following items starting with K but you do not need to

something related to kids
something related to kindness
something related to kitchens
something related to koalas (that can be a map of the Koala Coast for example, or a eucalyptus leaf)
something related to keys (any meaning of the word)

The color hex codes are for apps that manage colors like Adobe PSE or Microsoft Office.
You can use the templates from the store to make your graphics.

Some Links

There is a collection of palettes here and here please look at this One of Marisa's goodies.
Please also check Cintia's fab color swatch game.

See this here one by Marisa on making swatches from photos, awesome thread that is.

Here is a wonderful post by Robyn Denton on sizes.
See this great post by Robyn Denton on colors.

Check this color collection on pinterest by Kaleena Farmer.

Robyn Denton has so many great tips and here is one for everyone who wants to check gamut without CC. And one on printing digital art here.

Here's how to recolor a PNG overlay. Here's how to recolor a gray scale item. Elif also has an action here for recoloring grayscale items.

For this kit I used many CU items from the store with the exception of some die-cuts and patterns. Items by Elif, Marisa, Sharon-Dewi, Styles by Janet Kemp.
Marisa's Flair Template
Elif's Tag Template
Elif's Tab
Marisa's Striped Paper Template
Gina's Flower Builder
Sharon-Dewi's Tabs

Here is an article with graphic design tips for beginners.

Love this palette, Bina! It has fun, fun, fun written all over it! Your kit is so adorable. Flowered paper is gorgeous. Love the brads, flowers, and cute little animals. I'll start working on this tomorrow.

smiley Thank you, Christina. Can't wait to see what you make smiley

You're quite welcome! I'm thinking about doing both, a kit and individual graphics. Depends on how fast I go. lol

I have eventually managed to do some designing. This 4 hours power, 4 hours no power messes with everything. Here are the 8 pattern papers with some solid papers. I will now start on the elements.

[/img]

Another Tartan paper
[img=200x200][/img]

OMG GAIL! YOU ROCK!!! smiley I so wish I could see... Imgur is down for me for the 1st time ever!
How about you? It is obviously fine for you..... 🤔

Thanks Bina. Imgur is fine for me.

Bina, you have got me hooked on making different pattern papers. LOL. Here is another paper I learnt o make last night.
[img=200x200][/img]

smiley That is so GREAT, Gail. smiley smiley smiley
A bit unhappy to say that I still haven't figured out my imgur issues....

I can see them now. What a great set, Gail, works really well. And I love the orange subtle abstract. smiley

Thanks

@Gail O'brien: The second, darker tartan is a great idea, Gail!

Thanks. I have started posting them in the commons.

smiley Gail, will you also ul the pv? I'm asking coz you might want to consider turning your striped paper so that all colors are visible, I thought it had aqua and orange stripes only until I saw it in the Commons.

Will do and thanks for the tip on striped paper.

Bina, what a fantastic color palette. Don't you love how Gail jumps on these challenges and makes something fantastic. I appreciate the efforts you ladies put forth. smiley

And, Bina, thank you for the links!

Thanks for your lovely comment Sharin.

You deserve it, Gail! You're a busy bee!

smiley