May 2023 Design Challenge Letter I

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
May 2023 Design Challenge Letter I

You can additionally challenge yourself to include the following items starting with I
something iridescent
something industrial (like rust, metal)
something illuminated (like a bulb or a bokeh overlay on top of s.th.)
something from your ideolect
something ivy-ish (like some vine-ish greenery)

The color hex codes are for apps that manage colors like Adobe PSE or Microsoft Office.

SOME LINKS
There is a collection of palettes here and here please look at this One of Marisa's goodies.
Please also check Cintia's fab game.

See this here one by Marisa on making swatches from photos, awesome thread that is.

Here is a wonderful post by Robyn Denton on sizes.
See this great post by Robyn Denton on colors.

Check this on pinterest by Kaleena Farmer.

Robyn Denton has so many great tips and here is one for everyone who wants to check gamut but doesn't have PS. And one on printing digital art here.

Here's how to recolor a PNG overlay. Here's how to recolor a gray scale item. Elif also has an action here for recoloring grayscale items.

I used a bunch of Marisa's brad and tag templates.

I want to use all of your color choices. lol I absolutely love red and gold together! After reading your specific letter I prompts, the only theme coming to mind is something like "going green," "saving the planet," or "recycling" types of things. I don't know where my idiolect would come in, though. I say "wicked" a lot, but that's relative to my region and generation. It isn't meant as evil, but rather as a great deal/a lot or awesome/cool, such as "wicked fun time" or "That movie was wicked!" I normally don't use wicked in typing; it's an out loud type of thing. Maybe I'll simply go the generic route for this challenge and not do a theme.

I love your kit. It's super cute. The gold and pink paper on that flower is a nice touch. The tie-dye-esque brads are wicked! LOL

Love the colours. I am really going to have to put my thinking cap on. LOL. Lovely kit.

smiley Aw, that sounds wicked, Christina and Gail!

I learnt how to create a layered background and played around with blend modes. Here is the start of my kit.
[img=100x100][/img]
[img=100x100][/img]
[img=100x100][/img]

Gail: I really love the second one! Looks realistic! Like someone threw a bunch of gears on a table and took a picture. Well done!

I keep switching up the color palette and making new papers. And then I don't like the look, so I switch them again. I'm becoming very annoyed with myself. LOL I'm going to stick with my current one (purple, green, gray) and carry on.

Wow, Gail! These look awsome. I love how you circle around the metals.... lovely cogwork, like clockwork!!! Thanks for sharing and playing, Gail.

Thanks Christina. Don't worry I have gone from theme to theme and still not sure what I want to do. Before I forget. I think I am finished with "My Happy Place".

Thanks Bina

You're quite welcome! My theme is generic. I plan to make a few wordarts or snippets, but other than that nothing exceptional. I'm going to try to finish it up tomorrow before I go to my son's house for the rest of the weekend. Oh, cool that you finished. I already downloaded some because I QCd the other day, but I'll snag the rest before I log out. Thanks!

Thank you. Your creation inspired me to play with cogs as well. smiley

I didn't end up sticking with purple, green, and gray. lol I dropped the green, and instead went with purple, gray, white, and black. I'm about to upload it to the Commons. Thank you for the challenge, Bina!

Lovely kit.

Such a perfect kit, Christina. Absolutely lovely. Everything is absolutely gorgeously made. The flowers will arrange beautifully. There is so much love in that bird alone. Many thanks for playing along, Christina! smiley

Thank you, Gail and Bina! Even though I was totally indecisive about the colors, it worked out in the end. Now I just have to figure out my palette for letter j. LOL