May 2023 Design Challenge Letter J

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
May 2023 Design Challenge Letter J

Please make some add on for the kit, graphics or pattern you made for the previous May challenge. If you made a kit you can make a paper set, maybe simple or tiny patterns. Or try something different like a set of word art or stamps.

You can additionally challenge yourself to include the following items starting with J
the word joy in some word art of word strip
something related to jam like a mason jar, traffic, or a spoon or a fruit or just the word
something related to jewels, that can be an actual jewel like a ruby or a word art that says jewel or a piece of jewelry in patterns for example
something related to jeans, again that can be a pocket or just the texture, the word, a whole outfit
some word art or strip including the word JUST

This. is a great word art template set to start out from. smiley And here are even more.

The color hex codes are for apps that manage colors like Adobe PSE or Microsoft Office.

SOME LINKS
There is a collection of palettes here and here please look at this One of Marisa's goodies.
Please also check Cintia's fab game.

See this here one by Marisa on making swatches from photos, awesome thread that is.

Here is a wonderful post by Robyn Denton on sizes.
See this great post by Robyn Denton on colors.

Check this swacth collection on pinterest by Kaleena Farmer.

Robyn Denton has so many great tips and here is one for everyone who wants to check gamut but doesn't have PS. And one on printing digital art here.

Here's how to recolor a PNG overlay. Here's how to recolor a gray scale item. Elif also has an action here for recoloring grayscale items.

Oh, I just noticed we have to do an add-on it for Letter I. I was planning to do an entirely different kit. lol That's okay, I'll come up with something! Make everything you listed as individual elements, then add 3 more papers.

smiley OH, that sounds so lovely, Christina! Always looking forward to your beautiful creations.

Just wrapped up the add-on, which I'll be uploading to the Commons in a minute.

For the pocket, I originally made stitched hearts, but they ended up looking weak and not like they belong on it. So I instead went with a stencil I had. Colored it gray, then used overlay blend mode, but it didn't show up very well. I duplicated the layer three times and that looked "natural" to me. In this instance, though, the parts where the stencil goes over the stitches turned white as a unicorn. LOL Zoomed in, used the lasso tool to remove those parts from each of the 3 layers. And voila! A fashionable pocket was born. smiley

Thank you so much for the challenge! I had a fun with this palette.

Your pocket is stunning

Thank you so much, Gail! smiley I definitely didn't want to leave the pocket as is, all plain-looking. How is your add-on coming along? I don't know if you saw, but I uploaded a layout to the Gallery using your kit from Letter I.

Christina, this looks really great, every piece is so pretty! A great add on and stand alone. Thank you so much for playing along and sharing your beautiful work smiley

Thank you, Bina! Looking forward to K and L!

The layout is so pretty. I am being a bit slow this, due to one of my hard drives are busy giving in, so I am trying to empty it before it says "goodbye".
My kit will be made. I keep thinking of what must go in and a do a little bit.

Yeah, that's the tricky part, coming up with things to make for each part. I'm sure you'll do a great job, though!