November 2021 DC Color Qi: Blue NCS

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
November 2021 DC Color Qi: Blue NCS

Welcome to the November 2021 Color Qi Design Challenge.
Qi as in Chinese, literally: air, breath. power, life.

So we are looking for the essence of Jacques, what you think this color says.
Here is an interesting thread!

I have picked a color from the NaturalColorScheme that everyone is able to print.

The challenge here is to either make:
a swatch with our color color]Blue NCS[/url]
or a swatch and a mini (3 papers, 5 elements - for example: journal card, fastener, frame, tag and flower - at least) with our color
or simply some graphics with our color Blue NCS.

Bina, should there be a new color swatch here? I think this one is last month's.

I have to get cracking on this one. Almost forgot about it. smiley

@Christina Carrano: So great! smiley

The designer madness this month is the reason I put up the COLOR QI later this month.

I've been working on it off and on all day today. I should be done early next week. Yes, the designer madness has been a huge success, I think. It's kept me busy, for sure!

Here is mine. I love this color. I couldn't wait to work with it. I could have done so much more if I had the time. Maybe I will include this as a mini with a larger kit. Who knows. It's one of my very favorite colors. I am going to upload this to the Commons so it can be found there. I love the colors that you have picked for the last 2 months.

Located in the Commons here:
Am I Blue

@Karen Dempsey: smiley So happy this is your fave color! And your kit is so beautiful, thanks so much for playing along.

@Karry I had been thinking about doing a rainy day kit myself. lol

Still haven't decided on a theme, but I've made some papers and a few generic elements in the hopes that something will pop into mind as I design.

Oh so pretty, Christina. Thanks so much for playing along. Love your papers. smiley

Uploaded in the Commons

@Robin Sampson: Oh, pls do link to 'the' video. TY.
Your kit is so sweet, Robin. Love it!! smiley

Thank you , Robin smiley

beautiful girls !!!!! thanks Christina for your shared ))))

Okay, this is my very first designer challenge ANYTHING to participate in. If I understood correctly, I could share just a swatch (haven't started designing yet). I created 3 just for fun.

@Shannon: Welcome to the Color Qi DC! Your swatches are great and I love the effect our color brings to your 2nd swatch. smiley

This challenge has several options and it is also one that can be tackled from all angles, namely swatches, graphics and if you like finally a mini or more. It is designed with the option in mind to be able to come back to it and replay the color from a different angle.

Those swatches are great. I might have to steal one! The first one is my favorite.

Thanks and steal away! It was fun playing with the color generator she shared in the OP. I loved picking the colors and remixing different combos!

Thank you, Bina and Biche!

Terrific snowmen, Robin!

Great swatches, Shannon!

I decided to combine this challenge with one of the Designer Challenge Cards, since I'm currently working through them. smiley

Download here.

thanks Amanda ))))) sweet !!

Love it Jennifer!

These designer Color Qi Challenges are so much fun. I love seeing what color combos others are inspired to use with such a versatile jumping-off point. A little direction, but a whole bunch of latitude makes for some really pretty surprises that delight me.

Jennifer: I love to bake (and eat what I bake--LOL) so your kit speaks to me. And makes me want to whip up a batch of cookies for breakfast. Kinda mad at you about that 'cause my jeans say "noooooooooooo--dont do it!" smiley Your kit is so colorful and fun. Love the mix of papers and all the nifty baking-themed elements. So cute. Excellent kit!

Sarah: What a unique idea for a kit! "Movember" is just plain cool and you've picked such fun, bright colors for everything you've included. Love the mustaches and the textured, striped papers. Very appealing. Good job making a really nice kit.

Amanda: I love peach with blue (my wedding colors) so this kit makes my heart happy. The ocean IS calling and how I wish I could go today and take some pictures to use with your kit. Such pretty papers and your word art is gorgeous, too. Super neat mini kit.

Shannon: So glad you decided to dip your toe in the Designing Waters! Isn't it fun? Your palettes are all so pretty. It would be impossible for me to pick a favorite. I would be happy to use any of them to play around with. I am way behind . . . did you make a mini or some elements with any of them? Just being nosy, but I hope you did and I would love to see what you dreamed up. You, GO, girl!

Robin: I love non-traditional Christmas color combos and if they use "pink" all the better. The colors you chose are just so soft and pretty together. Love your print papers and matchy-matchy elements. You've created a really awesome, festive coordinated Christmas kit.

Christine: That blue with that shade of mossy green is gorgeous! Love the eclectic array of print papers you've created showcasing the color combo you concentrated on and your collection of elements is so versatile. This kit would work for so many different photos/occasions and one can never have too many of those kits in one's hoard--I mean--stash of scrapbooking kits. smiley

Kerry: Am I blue? Not after seeing your super cute kit! Makes me even more anxious for Spring and those fresh rainy days that make the flowers decide to appear in my yard. Ahhhhhh. Your kit is refreshing like Spring Rain. Your word art is my favorite, but everything you've included is very nice and the patterned papers make me itch to get my hands on them. Love your kit bunches. smiley

Here is the palette I've come up with starting with the blue and the kit I have been working on is gonna be called "Junque Journal." Hope to get a few more messy paint splats done for it and then I can pack it up and share the preview. Hopefully today . . . unless I get distracted by something shiny. smiley It happens now and then. smiley Okay, it happens A LOT, but I am gonna try to stay on task. Wish me luck! Oh, a squirrel . . . smiley

@Annette Marie: So happy you are enjoying the Color Qi's and great reminder of this one.... love your primary take her. Thanks for playing! smiley

Gorgeous, Jennifer! Thanks for playing. smiley

Here is the kit I came up with for this color challenge. I had way too much fun getting "messy" in Photoshop. Thanks again, for the fun challenges, Bina and for leaving them open so we can be late to the party, but still have fun. I appreciate it.

Click the image for a look at a bigger version, if you want to see more details.

I am just a few days away from being allowed to share full kits in The Commons, so I will put it up there if anyone is interested in snagging this.

oh yeah !!!! I'll be interested )))) beautiful !!!

Pages