November 2022 COLOR PLAY DC

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
November 2022 COLOR PLAY DC

You can download the aco file here but it is also included with the mini below.

I threw the ellies all into one png, just to finish in an hour. The first pattern took a bit.

Auchenflower is a suburb of Brisbane we drove thru a lot. Hence the name.
[/img] Link

Hey, Bina... I have a question. Are we to use the photos you're displaying or use our own photos? I really like that flowered paper. So cute!

smiley Thank you.
Sorry for the confusion I created, Christina. The photos are the color source and I wanted to show them. I took them all in the same location within a short amount of time. You can use them for colors, of course! But you are completely free, the only thing is that you would use one color from the ones on the spread, but you can use all and others as well.

Thank you for the explanation, Bina!

I used this photo of Major and came up with the following palette, adding the pink color from Bina's palette and going with the usual 292929 black color because it works well when designing. I'm going to start making a kit for this tomorrow.

Oh lovely, Christina,thanks for playing along!! Such a wonderful idea taking Major's fur as part of your color source! That's such a good idea. I will have to try this. I played a bit with your colors and the pattern smiley Your colors are great, very elegant colors.

Oh, wow! Those papers look really excellent! I'm now super excited to get to work! smiley

Okay, I finished up the papers. Now I just have to make some elements to go with them! smiley As you can see, I decided to make a dog kit to go with the photo I chose to use for the palette. With the heart paper, there are little cut-outs of pawprints on them. I've never created a dog from scratch before (plenty of other animals!), but I'm going to give it a try! Hopefully, it comes out good. lol

smiley Oh, so pretty, Christina! Great retro-feminine, subtly themed paper pack with fab textures, love it! There are little hearts in the pink and gray paw patterned paper's paws too? Adorable!!

Thank you very much, Bina! Yes, there is a little heart in the pawprint on the pink and gray paper too! I worked on some elements yesterday afternoon. There's a good mix so far: some dog elements and others are generic. I figured I'd save the dog itself for last since that's going to be the hardest to create.

Just finished wrapping up my kit for this challenge! I had a blast with this one between the colors and creating dog graphics! Thanks so much, Bina, for the opportunity to create a dog themed kit, something I've never done before. I decided I'm going to offer this one in the Commons. Now I have to figure out how to upload it as a bundle. lol

Very, very nice, Christina! I love how soft and sweet the pieces are, just beautiful.

smiley @Christina Carrano: Oh wow, such gorgeous elements, (the glitter pink heart paw, aw), so many fabulous, creative ideas so absolutely beautifully realized! The dog button is also way too cute to be true. smiley , so many great dog ellies (the mandala one is such a great idea as well) What an adorable bundle with soo many marvie elements. THANK you so much, Christina, for playing along. I feel really lucky that you liked the colors to this extend. smiley

Lisel: Thanks so much! This palette was perfect...all thanks to Major (Pain), my granddog. lol

Bina: Thank you for all the kind words and hosting this challenge! I don't have many dog resources, so I had to come up with my own for most of them, which totally pushed my creativity.

The bundle is now posted in the Commons.

Download here.

This one also matches a Designer Challenge Card mini I created here.

Oh, this looks lovely @Amanda Bell!