October 2021 DC Color Qi: Red NCS

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
October 2021 DC Color Qi: Red NCS

Welcome to the October 2021 Color Qi Design Challenge.
Qi as in Chinese, literally: air, breath. power, life.

So we are looking for the essence of Jacques, what you think this color says.
Here is an interesting thread!

I have picked a color from the NaturalColorScheme that everyone is able to print.

The challenge here is to either make:
a swatch with our color color]Red NCS[/url]
or a swatch and a mini (3 papers, 5 elements - for example: journal card, fastener, frame, tag and flower - at least) with our color
or simply some graphics with our color Red NCS.

I was way too busy to make something new but I love these colors. Thanks for the challenge.
Download from the commons here.

Oooo, Robin, I love that little mug! And the papers, too!

@Robin Sampson: Thanks for playing along, Robin, such a beauty. Love it.

My entire house has these colors. It started with my craft room and took over the whole house. LOL NOTE: the scissors in the craft room are decoys. The good ones are hidden in a drawer.

Awwwww......so cute! I love how organized your place is, Robin! ROFL! I do the same thing, I keep my GOOD scissors in a special place. Hehehehehe!

Gorgeous, Robin!!! So lovely, what a great set up!! love those colors too!

Organized but clutered. I have to have everything in the open. ADHD thing. Thanks

Huh. I didn't realize that was an ADHD thing. That could explain me a bit, I think. I have to have it all in the open so I can see what I have also. And I just recently figured that out, lol! But it truly makes a difference for me if I can see what I have and don't have to go hunting for it, or through it, etc.

Me too! Once I realized if I don't see it I won't use it I set up everything that way. Important elements have no definite location and may as well be invisible or completely absent. If it's gotta be in a drawer I have to have it labeled.

As to our brain: Us with ADD let in EVERYTHING but then have to figure out a method of storing that massive amount of information. We are so preoccupied with the trivialities of life ("where are my keys, phone, etc?") that it has little room for new thoughts and memories. To make way for new information, something must be eliminated or forgotten.

"For a person with ADHD, information and memories that are out of sight are out of mind. Her mind is a computer in RAM, with no reliable access to information on the hard drive." ADDitude Magazine

On a positive note see Top 10 Reasons People with ADHD Make Great Writers [and Scrap Kit Designers]. A good trade off if you ask me! smiley

Robin, thank you so much for this info and perspective! smiley

Christina, I LOVE the holly and ivy! Thank you for this sweet kit! I also really like the reindeer and the holly papers.

You're so welcome, Lisel! I was toying around, going back and forth between Paintshop Pro and Photoshop, to make the holly. I'm so new to PS that I JUST figured out yesterday how to add papers to the patterns palette. It's been driving me crazy, and it was so simple. lol Anyway, looking forward to making a bigger Christmas kit once the season is upon us.

Oh my goodness! This is such a cute kit!

Thank you, Candance! smiley

@Lisel Love the leaves paper and the paint splatter. Nice job!

Thanks, Christina! smiley

Now I have these colors in my brain and I can't get them out! LOL...I love them. So retro. Anything retro I'm totally drawn too.

I am going to upload this kit to the Commons so you will be able to find it there.

Retro Xmas Card