October 2022 DC: Speed

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
October 2022 DC: Speed

Pls see this thread for sizing.

This challenge runs thru October 2022 but is always open smiley

You are absolutely welcome to make one design only. You can try for 2 papers and 5 elements to have a micro mini kit. But you do not need to make a kit. You can design whatever you like: Wordart, transfers, papers only, pocket cards or notebook pages. You can make wall art, a calendar or a card. You can make an avatar or a pattern only. Anything goes, there is just one restriction as to size: 5x7 or 7x5 inches and up only, please.

The color hex codes are for any app that manages colors like PS or Microsoft Office.
There is a collecion of palettes here and please look at this One of Marisa's goodies.
See this post by Robyn Denton on colors
Check this on pinterest by Kaleena Farmer.
Fab post by Robyn Denton on how to share Imgur images here in the forum.

Oh Bina! The colors are beautiful. I will try and squeeze some time in to participate.

Gorgeous colors. I will try this tonight when I am home from making costumes. Need to get dinner in the crockpot now, or we won't eat later. smiley smiley

----------------
Ok, downloaded the colors. Starting in 3 min @ 7pm.
--------------
8:00
spent too much time on papers... so not many elements

And I'm not sure I like everything. Usually I spend MUCH more time!!

--------------------
fixed some stuff and added a bit...2 hours (Is this cheating?)

Ooooooh, this is going to be a real challenge. I am a professional dawdler. I will have to get coffee'd up and turn the TV off and try my best not to be my usual slow-poke self. smiley

Me too Annette, and I am usually doing more than just designing. My husband came up during that hour to talk about some stuff we are working on for Musical...and I didn't pay much attention. I will owe him an apology.

You are a speed demon! So many pretty things! And I am laughing quietly behind my hand about your poor husband trying to talk to you while you were feverishly designing! I will have to remember to tell my husband not to talk to me when I sit down to do this challenge, but I don't know how to explain to the dogs that I won't be able to let them out two or three times during that hour or get them snacks or freshen the water in their bowl or throw toys for them to fetch like I usually can if the mood strikes them, and it will 'cause ya know . . . one of Murphy's Lesser known laws and all. Well, they call it a "challenge" for a reason, don't they? And I am encouraged to see your results. I'll probably get one paper and two elements done . . . if I am lucky! Dawdler!

smiley smiley smiley @Tricia Ptktj: Oh wow. You are just so amazing, Tricia! 6 papers and 5 ellies in an hour is so fast and everything looks very beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining in and sharing. I also love the second hour add on!! I think everything came out really gorgeous.

@Sharon Grant: Oh thank you and smiley welcome, Sharon! So happy you like the colors. I was hoping to put in a green or two but it didn't pan out.... I would love to see what you make. All your designs are soo beautiful!!!

@Annette Marie: Haha! I'm a slow poke myself. Not so much with CC but with absolutely and without exception

e v e r y t h i n g else.

Both, flicks and husbands, inspire & distract to similar degrees. smiley

It'd be great if you joined in. smiley

Oh, I will be joining in as soon as possible. I loooooooooove a good challenge and a challenge for me, this will be! I swear I have developed adult attention deficit syndrome in my dotage. Anything shiny or new or fun or whatever, distracts me immediately. Part of it is being retired and feeling I have all the time in the world to get stuff done, but part of it is just a really bad habit. No discipline. I don't need no stinkin' displine--LOL! But for this task, I will and I am looking forward to buckling down and seeing what I can truly get done, if I don't see a "SQUIRREL!" smiley I am so happy to hear you are pokey, too. Makes me feel just a tad bit better about my dawdling ways. smiley

Bina, I just downloaded your challenge header and really looked at it. (Love the colors, OF COURSE!) But it is such a little work of art. I adore the repetition and the cropping of the words. That is so freakin' COOL! Do you have graphics education or are you self-taught? Your creations always delight me so much visually!

Oh thank you, that is so nice of you to say, Annete Marie!!!

Oh, I'm so jealous of all you retirees, nk. I also want to retire yesterday. I mean it. And say ' Nope, I'm retired'. I think that has the absolutely coolest sound to it. Always did. Brain surgeon? Astronaut? Rocket scientist? Not even little league compared to 'retired'. smiley . No, I do not have a degree in graphic design but grew up in print shops at times and a bit of an Adobe heavy home. The schools that I went to in Queensland had deals with Adobe and Mac and classes for whatever they bestowed on us smiley They gave us Ipads in 4th grade with all kinds of stuff on. I think I got the large Ipod in 3rd grade state school and I still have it today.

Oh my, I feel old Bina. The first computers at my schools didn't exist till 8th grade...and those were only for learning to program in BASIC. I remember designing art with ASCII on them!

________00000000000___________000000000000_________
______00000000_____00000___000000_____0000000______
____0000000_____________000______________00000_____
___0000000_______________0_________________0000____
__000000____________________________________0000___
__00000_____________________________________ 0000__
_00000______________________________________00000__
_00000_____________________________________000000__
__000000_________________________________0000000___
___0000000______________________________0000000____
_____000000____________________________000000______
_______000000________________________000000________
__________00000_____________________0000___________
_____________0000_________________0000_____________
_______________0000_____________000________________
_________________000_________000___________________
_________________ __000_____00_____________________
______________________00__00_______________________
________________________00_________________________

When I get a chance to qc & get all the attributions, I will upload to commons (probably Saturday).

Thanks Bina, though on the ellies I kind of feel like I cheated by using things I had extracted &/or prepared with layers before & either recoloring or stamping only with the kit colors. Not much real design. It isn't what I'd usually do & this kit doesn't have much thought put into it. I ended up changing all the solid watercolor papers because I didn't like them. Should have shrunk the tag, and many of the other elements I did shrink & re-save when making the preview.

@Annette, I did feel very rushed. Not my favorite smiley
And you can laugh at me. Thankfully my puppies have a dog door and can go out whenever they like, and they are old enough to be happy just sleeping nearby. I used many pre-made things to get so much done & didn't count the time finding them and moving them to an in-work folder.

smiley Oh so sweet, I dl this and put it on a layout, loooove it!!! Sure wasn't my intention to make you feel that way, and pls don't ... but I find it arguably interesting that you learned the real McCoy at school and schools now just mill out interface chimps ? smiley smiley

Na, you're not cheating. As a matter of fact I went to confession yesterday and told the priest that I fouled hard in a soccer match and he said it wasn't a sin. So I think you are good here smiley

Oh wow, congrats! So beautiful, Tricia!! Thanks so much!!! smiley

Such sweet doggies! smiley

Feeling old was totally not a bad thing... It is just strange to realize that you are probably near the age of my oldest son. smiley

Kind of a time warp or something....just wrapping my mind around how much school has changed in so few years. I showed my oldest son this post... and we had fun looking up all the things that have changed technology wise in his lifetime. I-Phones weren't even created until he was 9. I grew up during the release of home movies, microwaves, cordless phones...๐Ÿคช

That should also be a fun challenge "we had fun looking up all the things that have changed technology wise in his lifetime. I-Phones weren't even created until he was 9" Like hoverpods and boards? Gotta love those. smiley Your son sounds about right smiley

For sure. Seems like things are changing faster every year. Yes it could be a fun challenge too do something about changing technology.

If that makes you "old," Tricia, then I am ancient! No such things as computers when I was in high school. Heck, I learned to type on a manual typewriter. We did have electric ones at our school, but only the special kids taking special business classes got to use them. Schlubs like me just wanting to learn to type so I could do school papers and such, had to use the clunky ol' manual ones. So funny, because my daughter who grew up never knowing a time when we didn't have a computer in the house, is in LOVE with manual typewriters and was thrilled when she finally got her hands on one of her own. WHY? Kids! So silly . . . I bet if she had to type one term paper up on that manual machine (with footnotes and non-erasable typing paper) she would never want to have anything to do with one again!

Love your ASCII heart . . . so cute. smiley

Awwwwww, your pups are so cute all snuggled up and sleeping. Adorable page! And yes, they are family, aren't they?

I am so jelly you have a doggie door. I lobbied for one, but my husband convinced me we would probably have raccoons and/or possums using it to come in the house. In reality, I think he thinks me getting up a bazillion times a day to let our pack of dogs in and out is the ONLY exercise I get all day and he is not entirely wrong, but STILL. *hhhmmmmpppphhhh*

Oh, Bina . . . such an adorable little furry friend. Fox terrier? Love smooth-coated doggies. And I love the picture of him/her "helping" type! (Reminds me of the time our tom cat took a nap on my keyboard and accidentally deleted some partitions off my hard drive! Ooops! Husband still doesn't believe that it wasn't ME!) Thanks for sharing your sweet pages. Loved seeing them.

You grew up in print shops and were surrounded by Adobe? So it just leaked into your system by proximity! Your schooling sitch sounds so fancy and idyllic. I would have been in heaven. So cool you still have some of your old technology. I have an aqua Mac Clamshell laptop that is super old and I love it. It still works great for word processing and it has the coolest keyboard action/sound ever. Just because stuff is new doesn't always mean it is better.

Your speed kit turned out really cool, Tricia. I really like the spectrum of watercolor papers--neat texture--and all the little touches of gold and sparkles. Very elegant kit! Even with the additional hour or so you spent on this project, you still got a ton of stuff done and I am very impressed with your speediness. I will definitely have to take a hint from you and do a little organizing before the timer starts or I might spend my whole hour looking for that one certain cool style I think I might have bought from somewhere or other, that might be just close enough to the right color to make things that would kinda-sorta match the kit I am envisioning . . . LOL. I spend a lot of time looking for stuff I may or may not actually have in my stash!

smiley Thank you, Annette Marie. Your cat sounds a lot like my dog, lol. smiley The dog is a Plummer Terrier and he has a bit of fox terrier in him, so you are absolutely correct and the fox that comes around here is aware of the liitle lap dog , too, haha.
I hope you got your harddrive back to working. It is a bit of a shock to see that happen. It happened to me once and I was absolutely gob smacked.

So it just leaked into your system by proximity!
I wish, haha. It wasn't geared towarad scrapbooking, any of it, tho. LOL. And probably some things did that weren't really that great thinking of the sort of materials in a print shop... like toxins.
Your Mac sounds so great. smiley

I was very lucky with my schools in QLD. VERY lucky. Peeps that lived down the street like 500 m away were in a different district and had to go to less generously equipped schools.They had absolutely breathtaking sport facilities even for QLD standards, blue box studios and everything you could possibly imagine back then. They had a l l sorts of music, arts and sports programs and I took part in all of them and had a ball. And I am very thankful to the generations before mine who have enabled that.

Na, organizing time does not count toward designing, I'd say.

Pages