Apr 2021 LC - ANZAC Day

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apr 2021 LC - ANZAC Day

Welcome to the April 2021 ANZAC DAY challenge

"""They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them."""

The challenge is to make a layout related to ANZAC Day, the ANZACs or any other military memory. ANZAC Day is when we honor the memories of those brave Aussie and NZ soldiers who fought at Gallipoli and never came home 106 year ago. ANZAC Day is observed on 25 April in Australia and New Zealand in the honor of our martyrs who laid down their lives in World War 1. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. Regions apart from Australia and New Zealand where ANZAC Day is observed are Cook Islands, Niue, Pitcairn Islands, and Tonga. But the ANZAC Day, is no longer observed in Papua New Guinea or Samoa, where it was earlier observed traditionally every year.

All formats and categories (digital, hybrid, paper) are welome. smiley
I have a set of ANZAC Day word strips free thru April 2021. And on ANZAC Day I have a free ANZAC kit on my blog.

Using the Rising Sun Kit only

The Details

1. Challenge ends when April 2021 does.
  2. Be sure to post your layout in this month's completion thread if you would like to earn download credits. More details here.
  3. You must tag your layouts with these two tags: apr 2021 layout challenge, apr 2021 ANZAC
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.

My great grandfathers older brother survived Gallipoli in 1915, but died of Pneumonia 2 years later.

WOW, Robynne. So very special, love it all

Awsome take, Lynn, love it. Thanks for playing along!

thanX (((((((((dear seaSTAR binA))))))))) ... enJOYed ... echOez of thanX n' jOy

I am always looking for interesting stories and angles. My sister gave me a wonderful story for ANZAC Day. I cannot believe that I have never heard of this story before!!!!

Robynne: Thanks for sharing! smiley

As of today

Found an article about ANZAC on my news feed. Thought you might be interested....

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/australia-zealand-honour-military-return-040502468.html

Thanks so much for playing along, ladies! smiley

Topic locked