December 2019 Scripture Challenge

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
December 2019 Scripture Challenge

Hello and welcome to the December 2019 Scripture Challenge. Thank you so much for joining.
Many thanks to designer Gina Jones for this great idea.
Please use a scripture about peace for your layout and share your layout here and in the gallery.
Here
is a tutorial on how to do that.
Please use a scripture from the Holy Bible or any other holy book.
I have used this scripture from
Judges 18:6
The priest answered them, “Go in peace. Your journey has the LORD’s approval.”

I have made a little challenge freebie with Judges 18:6. The overlay/mat comes in 4 file formats: jpg, png, svg and pdf for hybrid crafters. If you would like to dl it, just click the image.

Here is a two pager I made with the challenge freebie:

credits: word bits from World Traveler Bundle by Marisa Lerin, flairs from Back to Nature Bundle by Marisa Lerin, Papers and other ellies by myself from a challenge mini called Winter Blues.

And before I forget, please smiley support my feature request for the gallery and vote here.

smiley Please, also credit the graphics you have used for your page in the gallery and do mention the designer's name of a template or an element, such as a flower or a paper, you are using if attribution is not an option. Many thanks! smiley

The Details

1. Challenge ends when December 2019 does.
  2. You may enter as many layouts as you'd like but please post them to only one challenge.
  3. Do remember to tag your layouts with these two tags: dec 2019 scripture, dec 2019 layout challenge
  4. Please add it to the example layouts for the appropriate kit by following these steps.
  5. See entered layouts here.
  6. See updated rules here.

This is mine. Peaceful and serene.

Beautiful!

Beautiful page, Robynne! Thank you for playing. The photo is just beyond and the scripture is perfect for it. Love your clean take. smiley

Graphic credit Robin Sampson this is available here Etsy store
https://www.etsy.com/listing/720731926/every-thought-captive-pocket-bible?ref=shop_home_active_19

Looks great! Carmen, can you link to your gallery, pls?

Thank you for the challenge!

Credits: Sheila Reid ~ Christmas in July,
font ~ Peacemaker

Tammy, that page is very nice and its fits the song so perfectly. You know I can't read that verse in my head any more. I always have to sing it!! smiley

For unto us a child is born... Unto us a child is given... I'm sure that you all know the rest of that song,

Singing it now, Robynne! smiley

Thank you for playing, Tammy. smiley Love your entry, esp the way you 'glowed' the star. Great stuff.

I finally found some time to create a page for this challenge.

Thanks so much for playing, Anne-Marie. Love your elegant page!

The raw image which I took some liberty with the format, is from Isaac Quesada @UnSplash. The point of interest is the Alter Littera - Gutenberg font, I love old bibles.

Bina, Thanks for the challenge, hope I got things uploaded ok. Cool double layout. Thanks for giving out the boot, nicest boot I was ever given. Bina is there a chance that other Scripture Challenges will happen in the new year?

Robynne, Nice sunset choice. Proverbs are always great.

Carmen, Love the colors on this card.

Tammy, Sweet creche, great effect on the star.

Anne-Marie, Nice job on the card-sending. I really like the gingerbread color.

@Lynde: smiley Thank you so much or joining us here, Lynde!

I love your beautiful contribution, so simply elegant.

These sort of 2-pagers: I mostly make those, collage on one page and some journal and playing around on the other. The template is a freebie on my blog. I am happy you like the scripture challenge and yes, there will be one each month next year. Should you have any suggestions, ideas or comments as far as challenges or specific scripture challenges go, please bring them on smiley

So happy you like the typography boot smiley

@Mary: Many thanks for participating here, Mary, with your beautiful, airy page. A wonderfully designed layout with excellent details. Very beautiful! smiley

Topic locked