March 2023 LC - Scripture

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
March 2023 LC - Scripture

Welcome to the March 2023 Scripture Challenge. Thank you so much for joining. We pick things up where we took a little break after December 2022 when we had the last DS Scripture challenge. So let's continue with the next book of the Old Testament which is King 1.

This is a Bible scripture challenge only about the books of the Bible, 1 NT book and 2 OT books alternate in this challenge series.
In this challenge we are looking at a certain book of the Bible. This month it is King 1 of the OT.

The book of Kings 1 and 2 are about the last four centuries of kings of Israel from the end of David’s reign and the prosperity of Solomon’s reign. Then follows a long period of bad kings who ignore God’s laws, resulting in the division of Israel into a wicked kingdom in the south and an even worse one in the north. 1 Kings ends with the defeat of the north by the Assyrians and the banishment of its people, while the much shorter 2 Kings describes the waning years of the south which end in the defeat and exile of its people by the Babylonians. So 1 and 2 Kings tell the history of Israel during the period of the monarchy from the closing days of David's rule until the time of the Babylonian exile.

In April we will be looking at King 2 of the OT. After that in May we will continue with a scripture from The New Testament of Romans.

The challenge is to make a layout that uses a scripture from the The 1st Book of Kings of the OT.

You can make any kind of layout, it does not need to be a memory page.Sizes 5x7 inches and up please.

Scripture is perfect for wall art or cards.

The Details I

list=1]
  1. Challenge ends when March 2023 does.
  2. Be sure to post your layout in this month's completion thread if you would like to earn download credits. More details here.
  3. You must tag your layouts with these two tags : march 2023 layout challenge, march 2023 scripture challenge
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.
].

papers Gina Jones October 2021, flower Billie Irene Teacups, Tags Marisa Lerin Birthday 212236 and Cambodia 17595, Font Gill

Thank you Bina,

I am happy that this challenge will continue, see you soon...

Edit:

Aw, so sweet. smiley

Love this challenge. I did an 8 x 10 so i can print for my war binder

Welcome Nicole, so great you are playing along. And such a beautiful creation for your war binder. Brilliant! smiley

I Kings 8:60-61
So that all the peoples of the earth may see that the Lord is God, and there is no other.
Then let your hearts be without sin before the Lord our God, walking in his laws and keeping his orders as at this day.

Very beautiful, AMarie!

Topic locked