April 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
April 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

Share your thoughts for colors and themes for the April blog train.

We've already had this suggestion:

I love the theme, although I think we need a few more greens and maybe a blue to the palette. It seems there is a lot of pink...

I love the palette, but I agree with Kathryn , a soft blue/aqua would give it more freshness for like some sky .

Yes, you ladies are right, it needs a couple of blues. How about this?

I lobe both versions of palette... maybe second one will give us more things to play with?

I think that is much better, Dawn!

I really like how you've added aqua instead of blue, Dawn. I also like that this palette has apricot-ty pinks, rather than pink pinks - it's made the palette very different to other recent palettes.

I like the theme and the second palette!

Looks great Dawn!

I still like the first one overall a bit better, but I think it's because there's some more contrast in it as the 2nd one doesn't fluctuate in the tonal range as much. If the first one had the 2nd's teal colors it would win for me smiley

Both palettes have such yummy colors. I'd be game for either of them. Love the theme as well.

Both palettes are great, but I'd rather vote for the second one.

Love the both palettes and such a blooming idea!!! smiley

hi ladies i have never done this but gonna put my 2 cents in here if u all dont mind i thought about birthday party or April fools here are some color schemes

Joyce, I like the palettes you posted. The color schemes are really expressive. I think the second from the bottom (porch) would be great for a summer theme.

I like a birthday theme!

I also like a birthday theme, and I think Joyce's 3rd palette (the one with the balloons) would be perfect for it with a silver tone added! smiley

I like the birthday theme too but little boys have birthdays too and they don't usually like pink cakes and decorations lol. I think something more unisex or at least adding some more masculine colors to the palettes with pinks/pastels would make the kits more appealing to a larger audience (ie, moms of boys, tomboys, those who despise all things pink etc)

Of the one's Joyce posted, I like the one with the flowers in the vase, third from the bottom of the post. It has blues, pinks, greens, oranges... but it is relatively close to March's palette. Possibly a little too close.

Some other possibilities...

Oh and I meant to add that I like birthday as May's theme. I like Dawn's second palette for April and while I'm not crazy about the theme I'm willing to give it a try. I think I have an idea that will fit the theme without going full blown flowers.

Love the birthday theme..Also a mixture of Jennifer's 2nd and 3rd palette would be awesome!!

I really like the full bloom idea but with the colors Joyce Crosby posted (specifically the ones with the flower photo in the mason jar)

I would like a birthday theme with lots of bright colours

I definitely like the addition of the aqua to the Bloom theme.

If the birthday theme is chosen, love both the bright colors of Trudette's and the one Jennifer posted with the peppers.

Seems like we need to have a vote maybe? I'm down for whatever, but I also would love to see less (or no) pink for a birthday theme.

I would love a birthday theme with any bright colours as I think those would work well with any age, but has there ever been a challenge when there is just a theme and people can choose their own colours?
That way everyone gets their own colours with their own pages and it will be interesting to see what everyone chooses.

Then could I perhaps jump the gun and make a suggestion for the June theme that I have been thinking about for a long time. I would love a full summer theme - DAISY CHAINS AND IVY perhaps or DAISY CHAINS AND LACE
I have a hidden agenda here as I am getting married on the beach and am wearing lace and real daisy chains as a bracelet and necklace at the wedding (the first thing my finance every gave me was a daisy chain he made) and our reception will be decorated mainly with ivy.
I don't have a colour scheme, but obviously it would include white and dark green with lots and lots of bright sunny summery colours - maybe like Trudette's sweet colours? smiley

Anyway, just a suggestion.
Terri

I like the Life in Full Bloom Theme. I'm open on the colors. smiley

I really like the Life in Full Bloom theme, and I prefer Joyce's Mason jar flower palette with maybe one more green and one more blue.

My vote's for the birthday suggestion... bright colors, no pink, gender neutral

I played a bit with some color palettes for a birthday theme and ended up with two suggestions.

I'm a real sucker for pink, so I've included it, but there are enough boyish colors too.
So it's always possible to leave the pinks out if you want to make something a little less girly. smiley

Here's what I've got:

#1:

#2:

Topic locked