Aug 2018 Blog Train - Working

49 posts / 0 new
Last post

[/url]

I have really been scrunched for time this summer and my creativity level is MIA. I created this Alpha set sitting in the stable office waiting for the vet and finished it off yesterday...awww yes....waiting for the vet again. I sure hope this trend doesn't continue into August!

Kayl, I cannot express how grateful I am for your ACO file. It makes everything so much easier. Everyone is doing such a wonderful job and I love the diversity. Thank you to everyone. I have a little one heading to kindergarten, one to 2nd grade, one to 4th grade, one home-schooled and a tiny one (9mo) trying to learn everything all the others know. xoxox (must clarify, lol These are grandbabies.)

Elizabeth, I just LOVE those sneaker papers! And the sneaker button! So cute!

I've actually got a half built kit but I don't know that I'll get it anywhere near completion before the deadline! I'll add those bits to the commons when they're done smiley

You are certainly welcome smiley

Kayl, I love those papers and am looking forward to seeing what you've made to go with it!!

Thank you so much Holly I'll try adjusting the paper preview next month. LOVE the sneakers and all the great papers!

I will be reunited with my computer on Friday and was hoping for the answers to a couple more questions in order to be ready for the August 1 deadline. I'm hoping I can learn to zip the files myself. I've never done that but I think I should be able to find instructions. My questions are

1) Where is a good place to host the zipped up files? I've heard of Mediafire but it seems I see it out of whack here on DigitalScrapbook.com fairly often. Are there better places? Pros? Cons? I know I hosted a texture on my blog once unzipped and it was shrunken. EDITED: Just ignore me! I found the sticky on hosting too and will figure it out by and by!

2) Is there a place I can copy/paste a TOU? If not are there generally accepted things I need to write somewhere that I can copy? EDITED: Never mind on this one! I found it in the helpful contributing to a blog train sticky! I had read it previously but forgotten!

Thank you so much! I hope my contribution will turn out to be worth the hassle you guys have taken in pointing me in the right direction! I'm sure next month will be smoother!

Thanks so much Lisel smiley

For file hosting, I don't recommend MediaFire unless you have a paid account. Lots of ads & sometimes the ads can give you viruses, etc... I've had them stopped by my anti-virus software quite a few times.

I use & love dropbox. I've seen others use their google drive. I think either one of these would work great! I'm sure there are others, but not that I can think of right now. LOL!

Good Luck!

Hi Jill! Welcome aboard! If you are using a PC, you can zip file by right-clicking on folder and selecting Send To>Zip/Compressed File. For hosting, if you save things to a cloud service, you should be able to get a sharable link by right-clicking on zip file (such as Google Drive or One Drive). What I do, but is by no means necessary, is I create a bitly from the copied link, and use that. Having the bitly allows me to see how many times a link has been clicked (downloads).

I have some basic pattern & tonals done.

I also have part of my elements done. I'm hoping to finish them, make some themed papers, and maybe an alpha if I get a chance.

I'm gearing up for September when we start school again so mine will be Back to School related. I have all the papers done but working on elements. smiley

Edit: Ok got it finished.

Lovely as always, Jessica!

I will post it in my blog
[img][/img]

@Kayl - Thank you!
August train is full of cute! Looking forward to August!! smiley

Thank you all for the lovely comments. Everyone did a fantastic job this month.

Pages

Topic locked