August 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
August 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

Ideas for colors and theme for the August blog train? Please share below!!

I haven't yet jumped into designing, so I'm completely in your debt for all the amazing kits you guys come up with! I'd love to see a "Camping" kit! Another idea: a "boys" theme month followed by a "girls" theme?

Great minds think alike Kelly! I too was thinking of suggesting a camping kit for this month ! I noticed that theme hasn't been done for a blog train in some years [if at all??].

camping for sure

I'd love a camping themed blog train too! smiley

Here is my suggestion for the color palette:

Names for this blog train could be: Back to Nature / Great Outdoors / Happy Camper / Into the Wild

That's a great palette Sharon! We went tent camping the the spring recently so I appreciate your palette isn't leaning on only fall colors.

I love the palette and a camping theme would be great!

What about a "broader" topic, that includes camping? What about a "Get Moving" or Active Lifestyle theme? It could include hiking, camping, canoeing...could also include an encouragement to get up and outdoors no matter what activies you like? Tennis, Running, Fishing, Swimming, Basketball....etc? Just a thought.

When I think of a camping theme I already think it would include hiking, fishing, canoeing & swimming as far as activities go. Personally I like it when the trains are a little more specific in theme since otherwise they can start to look a little disconnected. But thats just me Im sure. smiley

Hi ladies!!
My sugestion is INDIOS (indians). Not cowboys included. only indians and their customs. I think it may be an original theme.
Hugs to all

Indians is very hard for other countries who do not have knowledge to the subject I only know what I've seen from movies, and I am sure not true to fact so i feel this could lead to some hurt unintentionally, camping theme, boy or girl theme I feel is a save subjects. wedding or a new arrival

If we do Camping/Outdoors for August, maybe we could do a Sports theme for September like what Amanda suggested, Tennis, Basketball, etc.

Oh, I love the color palette too by Sharon.

I would love to see at music/dance theme at some point... But maybe dance could fit under a "sports" theme.

Also I think a wedding theme in soft colors would be great!

I love the idea of a Sports theme!!...and then the next month we could do an "Arts" theme that would incorporate music, dance,theater, band, art, etc. (although I do believe that band qualifies as a sport as well, but anywho) Maybe we could pick a neutral palette that maybe coordinates with the Build Your Basics kits and then everyone could just add their own school colors. Hmm.. I'm not sure how that would work. Any other ideas for colors and a Sport theme?

The India idea makes me think of something Marisa would be excellent at designing. I'm not sure if she's been to India, but that sounds like a great Patron request.

Hello ladies! I love the idea of a "Camping" theme and I think that Sharon's palette is perfect for this!

I love the suggested palette for a camping/outdoors theme. I really like that its not just fall colors as well, since we camp during the summer! The Indian idea is neat, but so specific - I can't imagine ever using it my family scrapping, unfortunately. I like the idea of a camping theme for August and a sports theme for September as well!

I would love to do a Camping Theme........

Names to use: ↓

Into The Wilderness

By The Camp Fire

A Camping We Will go

hi Ladies! I am not a designer, and WAY more of a lurker then anything else, but I would love to see some nature related word art if you go with a camping theme! something that could work for just a day at the park (ya know for us city nature lovers!) as well as a walk in the woods...

you ladies always have amazing ideas and i cannot wait until August to see what you do!

Blessings!

Camping/Outdoors sounds good for August,

If you want to set up a sports palette and arts palette for future months, I'm not against settling it all right now smiley

Marisa, for the Sports theme.... well, I don't have your original palette for the BYB kits, but maybe you could pick out some of the colors from these. We need all the neutrals, a yellow, red, orange, blues and greens. Then, we could make items that go along with these to add versatility. So, we can make sports items focusing mostly the neutrals and then people will be able to add their school/teams colors using the BYB kits. Just an idea. This could also work for the "Arts" theme, too. We could even use the same palette for both trains so they'd be interchangeable.

that is a GREAT idea ERIN! I love the idea of some sports/art shapes being a bit more like templates so that people can insert school/team colors! and the idea of the color palette being similar so everything is interchangeable is fantastic...it will be like getting a Mega Kit once the two months are complete! you ladies ROCK!

How about nautical? sailing, lighthouses, etc?

I've been slowly working on a camping kit on my own using this palette

Here's preview of what I have done so far, no where near complete but just wanted to show what's possible with this palette.

I love it Jennifer! Great colors and I love the mid-century vibe.

Honestly, Jennifer's kit is lovely but I would prefer to use the pallette colors from Sharon!!

Here is a possibility combining some of the already suggested palettes ~ esp from Sharon & Jennifer.

I like this one from Jessica too! However, the pink isn't my favorite because for camping I'd like to have a true red like from Sharon's palette.

Ok here is a sun faded red with the strong red from Sharon smiley I'm certainly not against using Sharon's palette. And I really love the simplicity of Jennifer & Mersija palettes. Just trying to blend the palette suggestions in a condensed way lol!

I love Sharon's palette and Back to Nature sounds like a great theme to me -hiking, camping fishing etc are easily included in that.

Sharon's palette gets my vote as well! LOVE the colors and how they work together. Its screams "camping/outdoors" in my opinion and isn't exclusively "fall".

Great suggestions from everyone. Jennifer, neat kit! I would like to vote for Sharon's palette too, though I like the others also. It would be awesome to plan ahead a couple of months on themes.

Topic locked