Dec 2015 Blog Train - Working

153 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dec 2015 Blog Train - Working

December is all set too!

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

]

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

Are there any changes to make to this palette or theme before we get started? Speak now or forever hold your peace!

I'd love to see a traditional "evergreen" color and a bright white added also if possible. This is going to be such a fun blog train!!

Are we putting a retro spin on the Winter holidays? Or just a "festive" theme?

Marisa, I'd like to see an additional darker green or teal usable for semi-traditional trees, but I'm not yet sure which shade...or if the green in this palette just needs to be adjusted to something a little more olive. Let me get the palette swatches into my Photoshop and I'll play around and see if I can find a shade that'll work.

ETA: Okay, done. Here's my proposed tweaks:

The darker green needed the blues pulled a little further apart in order for things to contrast nicely, but the darker blue is a little closer to Melo's inspiration picture anyway. A real deep evergreen hue doesn't really fit with the mid-century modern palette, but the darker green on this tweak still works with the other colors. It could be either an additional green or replace the one already there; either way would work. I'm personally in favor of the palette gaining one color, even if that makes for a slightly large color palette.

What do you all think?

I actually really like the green in this palette, but I wouldn't be opposed to having a darker option.

Holly - I LOVE the greens! That darker hue is exactly what I was hoping for. I should have been more specific in my description. smiley

I was wondering about a darker green. I'll add that in.

As for the festive theme, I figure this way people can do Christmas if they want, or something else festive. I don't like to have a theme that's too limiting.

Sounds good to me. smiley

Thanks, Marisa! I love the turquoise and red that you have in this palette too. I need to find some mojo somewhere now, lol.

Great colours and lovely theme , makes me want to really go for this one !

Like the darker green. This will be a fun one!

Love this palette...think I'm going to skip November and head straight into December! Love the darker green. Instead of coral though would love to see it a little more on the brown side than the pink side.

A deeper (more Christmasy) red so it stands out from the orange more?

I know that I won't be using that orangy-color, personally....so maybe we could toss it out and use a brown?

Wow!! I never noticed..December Blog Train is ready too and our favorite topic!!! Now it's time to get busy with Nov & Dec.
Yaaaaay!!!!!!! smiley smiley
THANKS MARISA..

Erin, the orangy color is actually very mid-century, and it's working well so far in the places where I'd use a brown. Mess around with some patterns for papers; it might surprise you.

Holly, I'm willing to give it a try! Ha! I'm not sure I'm going with a mid-century vibe yet. I haven't started this one yet. I've been working on the November train. smiley

Here's a little sample of what I'm working up for papers--not textured yet, but it's enough to give a good idea of where I'm going with them. Not a ton of that orange, but it works well where I've used it. I'm pulling inspirations from vintage fabric, so I'm going to have a hard time not making a million papers for this one, though!

These are beautiful Holly..Really mind blowing!! smiley

@Holly, very cool retro Christmas papers!!

Holly , great papers !

Loving the colors!! Which palette do I use the top one, or the one further down?

I know the second green's been added, but I'm not sure yet if we're using the altered turquoise shades from the second one or not. That's why my papers are untextured layers so far, so I can tweak them if needed.

Marisa, what's your preference?

I really like the turquoise in Holly's palette. I'm going to try to get something done, but we are moving at the end of the month, so I'm just not sure if I will have time....

Kathryn, this is the December palette, so you've got two months to come up with something. It might make a great break from packing and staging boxes!

Thanks Holly. I've updated the original palette. I think we're good to go!

Holly, your papers are really cool. I especially like the one with the snowflakes in circles. Gosh, I haven't even started November yet and you (and others) have created for December! I need to start feeling better real soon and get to it!

Holy Jingle Bells! You all are so on the ball! I am just trying to get started for November and you are in December. Very impressive!

I'm such a red and green Christmas person!

Pages

Topic locked