Dec 2016 Blog Train - Working

120 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dec 2016 Blog Train - Working

Here's the info for the December blog train.

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

ACO File -For those who have already downloaded this, the text on the palette was wrong not the colors! The palette is still correct smiley

Gorgeous final palette, Marisa!

There is a problem with this palette. The white that we use has a different hex code than the color itself. The color is 'eeeeee' and the text is obviously 'f0eee1' which is the yellow tinted white we used to use! Just wondering which is correct as I have started with this train!

Thanks Kayl. I updated the palette.

I've started on this one, but was having trouble with the "At The Table" theme, so mine is going to be a Christmas kit. Much to my surprise, I'm enjoying making elements this time, and I'm even doing more 'making' this time around, instead of just recolouring element templates. I usually start with making flat solid papers, then combining every colour with every other colour for the gradients, before choosing which gradients I like the best. After that, I usually work on the papers because I find them easier than elements, before trying desperately to work on the elements. Sometimes I find myself just doing papers, simply because I have always found elements difficult! So, this time it's REALLY unusual for me to leave the papers half-way through to actually work on elements!!

So, even if my contribution doesn't fit the theme, you'll have a Christmassy kit to play with!

There's no reason that "At the Table" can't mean Christmas dinner...which could certainly include ornaments and candles and greenery as centerpieces! I'll have to see about making last year's poinsettia paper in this palette, and see about a wintry pine boughs and cones pattern...and more ornaments as well as some foodstuffs. At least I've got time to work on it, I hope. smiley

Of course, if your kitchen table ends up being the central gathering area in your house the way my parents' always seems to be, the coffee cups, deck of cards, glucose meter, car keys, random tools, writing pad, and kids' schoolbooks/homework might well be reasonable to include. Or even make a kit about all the weird stuff that gets dropped there... ("What is this random sock doing here, and the computer headset? And where did this vacuum tube even come from--we haven't had anything here that uses them in years!")

Robyn, I'm doing Christmas. I'm thinking about a Christmas Cookies/Baking theme. I've only made a couple generic patterned papers so far but that is what is whirling around my head.

If I end up doing something for this, I plan on going with the theme of eating together as a family. Similar lines as this article...

http://mariashriver.com/blog/2015/01/reasons-eat-sit-down-family-dinners-2015-anne-k-fishel/

I, too, got a little lost with this theme despite liking it! Somehow I ended up in flowers which I hope will be useful in some way! smiley

Perhaps more will come as it is still quite early but time will tell! I look forward to seeing what others will come up with! smiley

These are BEAUTIFUL, Kayl!

Just gorgeous, Kayl! I hope you do end up making more, and what you've already done looks beautiful!

I'm really enjoying having the palettes decided so far in advance, too, much less stress in making things for a set time. Anyone else agree?

Thanks! I really enjoy having the theme and palette so far in advance, too! Gives me more time to come up with ideas which im not so great at on the spot!

I'm still so engrossed in making elements that I've hardly started on the papers - which is such a huge turnaround for me, as I'm usually the opposite! I may have a bundle by the time December comes around -maybe I'll release a sampler kit like I did for the "Renewal" blog train, and put the rest in my freebie thread! Who knows!

Forgot to say this before, but is anyone else finding the "white" in the palette to be quite greyish? I think I prefer the white we used to use.

I sometimes like the greyish white with some colors but find myself missing the old yellowish white as well.

this is gonna be an exciting color combo for the blog train kit... can't wait to see what everyone creates!

I've started making my very first alpha for this train!! (another thing I never thought I'd be able to do!!) My part is shaping up to be a BIG bundle -- and I haven't even started on the papers properly yet -- and that never happens with me! smiley

How awesome that this train is pushing you out of your 'norm', Robyn!

I came up with some more flowers and have updated my preview smiley I'm working on patterned papers now.

I have also started on some little felt stitched christmas/winter items.. I guess I will have two very different kits that still don't really have much to do with the theme smiley

Thank you, Kayl! I just feel that my PSE skills have surged forward recently (if that makes sense!) smiley

By the way, I love your new preview -- those flowers and leaves are simply beautiful. You're a very talented artist!

I agree, Robyn! Kayl, your art is awesome, and I love what you've put together for this theme!

Thanks ladies, though I haven't painted those items! I've accumulated them over time from free sites and I've just recolored them for this train! smiley So happy you like them though!

Here are some papers. While making these and fighting to create patterns I found myself just wanting to get it over with, so I probably wont make more papers but some is better than none! I'm not sure if collabs are allowed with blog trains but if any of you would like to create a pattern with any of my elements, let me know! smiley

I made some papers. Time for elements now!

Erin, I love your black word art paper (and the gingerbread men!). I was having a hard time with the "at the table" theme but still inspired with the color scheme. Hopefully my part can be used with the whole. I may have a full size kit by the time I'm done lol! Eek! That's what happens when you're away for so long. smiley

Kayl, your florals are beautiful!

@Kayl ~ Love the florals! Cant have enough of those I think smiley
@Erin ~ Your papers make me want to get my rolling pin out! Love them!

Beautiful job ladies! I really want to get started on this but I have to finish my other projects first ~ but I am itching to get started!

Thanks, Jessica and Amanda.

Amanda, I wasn't crazy about the theme at first. But... I think it's growing on me.

Re-posting all previews towards the end of the thread!

LOVE what everyone is doing so far!

Re-posting all previews towards the end of the thread!

Pages

Topic locked