Dec 2016 Blog Train - Working

120 posts / 0 new
Last post

You know, I love it when you guys place all of your kit on one page. It all looks so pulled together. But when I try to do that with my stuff, it looks cluttered and difficult to see pieces.......i think perhaps I am trying to pile too much into the preview......

I feel the same way, Sunny!! I love consolidated previews but when I try it looks so forced and too busy. smiley I try to do one every blog train but I always end up doing individual previews. We just have to keep practicing! smiley

Kayl & Sunny, here is a technique that I have tried to help my previews and I really think it has helped. I "scraplift" a preview...or sometimes multiple previews and kinda conglomerate them into one. I find a few previews that I really like and I just try to copy them. This has been a big challenge because I tend to be drawn to the clean looking ones, but find that mine always end up more busy... but I feel like my previews are getting better by doing this! Since I started this, I've found that I think about my previews more like an actual scrapbooking layout.

If you like clean lines, Elif Sahin's and Amber LaBau's previews are always a favorite of mine. For a more bundled, busy look, I LOVE kristin Cronin-Barrow and Sheila Reid's previews.

Ania said to pay attention to shadowing properly in another part of the forum, too. I really love both Sheila's and Elif's previews! I will have to try to find one that I think works with my kit size and take a stab at it smiley Thanks for the idea!

Thanks, Erin & Kayl. I'll continue to explore the technique with your pointers.

Erin, that's a real TSSWDITOT idea! (That's-So-Simple-Why-Didn't-I-Think-Of-That)

I've always loved Janet Scott's previews, even the template kits, because they look like layouts!

Here are ALL of my previews so far; I'll update this post as I make the rest.

[4 ALPHA KITS]

AK01 Upper Case Letters

[img][/img]

AK02 Lower Case Letters

[img][/img]

AK03 Numbers

[img][/img]

AK04 Symbols

[img][/img]

[15 ELEMENT KITS]

EK01 Assorted Elements

[img][/img]

EK02 Candy Canes

[img][/img]

EK03 Jingle Bells

[img][/img]

EK04 Metal Snowflakes

[img][/img]

EK05 Metal Spiral Trees

[img][/img]

EK06 Metal Stars

[img][/img]

EK07 Metal Trees 01

[img][/img]

EK08 Metal Trees 02

[img][/img]

EK09 Patterned Ornaments

[img][/img]

EK10 Ribbon Flowers

[img][/img]

EK11 Round Candies

[img][/img]

EK12 Snowflake Brads

[img][/img]

EK13 Song Flairs

[img][/img]

EK14 Stockings

[img][/img]

EK15 Word Art

[img][/img]

[23 PAPER KITS]

PK01 Flat Solids 01

[img][/img]

PK02 Flat Solids 02

[img][/img]

PK03 Textured Solids 01

[img][/img]

PK04 Textured Solids 02

[img][/img]

PK05 Flat Gradients 01

[img][/img]

PK06 Flat Gradients 02

[img][/img]

PK07 Flat Gradients 03

[img][/img]

PK08 Flat Gradients 04

[img][/img]

PK09 Textured Gradients 01

[img][/img]

PK10 Textured Gradients 02

[img][/img]

PK11 Textured Gradients 03

[img][/img]

PK12 Textured Gradients 04

[img][/img]

PK13 Deer-ly Decorated

[img][/img]

PK14 Dotty Circle

[img][/img]

PK15 Falling Snow

[img][/img]

PK16 Gingerbread Men

[img][/img]

PK17 Golden Rings

[img][/img]

PK18 Holly Swirl

[img][/img]

PK19 Ornaments

[img][/img]

PK20 Prancing Deer

[img][/img]

PK21 Snowman

[img][/img]

PK22 Starry Night

[img][/img]

PK23 Textured Snowflake

[img][/img]

Finally finished! smiley

Gads, Robyn, so Awesome! I really love those snowflake brads, too. Wish I could wrap those like tinsel around my Christmas tree. You did a lot of work.

I just added two more previews to post #98! Only 5 more kits to finish, then all the uploading!

Here I tried to put all of my previews onto one page - and I don't like it. You can't really read my word art, nor see the details of the other items.......I think that I am just going to stick with putting each category of items onto their own page, even though it takes up more space.

I just added 3 more previews to post #98! Only 2 more kits to finish, then all the uploading!

Sunny, awesome!

wohooow Ladies, you've so great ideas - it will be a fantastic blogtrain...
pleased to be a part of PixelScrapper BT and that's my part

Hello! I made an add-on, here is the preview:

I just added another preview to post #98! I can hardly believe I've only got one more kit to go!

OOOOOH! Ladies, I can't WAIT to get these kits! Happy Thanksgiving, if I don't see you before that, and to those of you that don't celebrate Thanksgiving, have a happy day!

I didnt expect it but this theme turned out to be a bit more challenging than I first thought. We used to rent an old farmhouse in a valley. It came with an old large farmhouse table that made meals a delight! It was very cold and lots of snow while we lived there. I did a lot of cooking and baking back then. So this was inspired from warm memories of that place. It will be available on my blog Dec 1st.

@Amanda ~Love those ephemera cards!
@Claudia ~ Love the cutlery!
@Robyn ~ wow you have been incredibly busy! I'm amazed at how much you can do! smiley
@Sonia ~ That jar is so cute!
@Pauline ~ Great papers - as usual! smiley

I can hardly believe it's so close to December already!

Well, Jessica, challenging or not, this kit of yours is gorgeous and definitely fits the theme! Beautiful!!!

Thank you Lisel! smiley

It truly is gorgeous, Jessica! I love the papers and the snowflakes with the cursive writing in them, just beautiful!

Lovely kit, as usual, Jessica!

I love how everyone puts their own personality into their work -- it makes for a collaboration that will be able to be used by lots of different scrappers, for lots of different pages. Everyone should be so proud of their work for this train -- you have all surpassed yourselves!! Congratulations!

Just added the final paper kit preview to post #98!

I just tallied up what I've done:
4 alpha kits to make up one complete alpha, consisting of 86 individual letters, numbers and symbols; 15 element kits, consisting of 237 individual elements; and 23 paper kits, consisting of 214 individual papers. smiley

I made a solid pack and a mini add-on (that doesn't really match my original kit, but I wanted to use the pink) will be available on my blog or my Facebook page on the 1st.

Waoooooo you all rock, ladies!! Great works!!! I love all, specially vintages but all are superbes!
I was absent a couple of months from the blogtrain but I hope to participate again in this month or the next. smiley
I love the theme of this month!!! smiley

Erin, I love your mini add-on kit - beautiful texture on the solid paper, and the looped ribbon coming from the bow is really unusual!

Thanks Robyn. I worked hard to get the texture on that white paper. Texture on white is tough!

@Kayl & Robyn ~ Thanks!
@Diry ~ Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
@Erin ~ Love the add on's!

Pages

Topic locked