Feb 2017 Blog Train - Ideas

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feb 2017 Blog Train - Ideas

Any thoughts for the February blog train?

What about a Snow Day theme? Or Winter Activities? I'd like some light colors.

[url][/url]

This could encompass ice skating, skiing, playing in the snow, ice fishing, snowmobiling, sledding, etc.

Oh, I like it Dawn! smiley

I second Erin's idea of Snow Day, encompassing all sorts of wintery ideas! I personally LOVE the idea of going monochromatic, like her second palette!

I agree with with The Snow Day theme, is a great idea, but I prefer Erin's 1st and 3rd palette proposal (I think it will give more "life" to the kit, I'm not very keen on the monochrome palette).

About Dawn's palette is very beautiful, too, but in the last month's kit I was saturated with so many colors, call me minimalist, but a palette with more than 6 colors, uupss... I think that "less is more" smiley

Anyway, it is just my opinion, I will understand if you choose a bigger color palette on the final agreement (please forgive my horrible English!)

Sonia, I agree about large palettes.. I just pick the ones I like and use them. I like the idea of a red in there too. I'm really open for anything.

PS. Is it just me or does it really feel like JUST YESTERDAY that we did the "For the Love of..." Feb. 2016 BT?

I love the idea of snow days and winter activities, and I do really like the monochrome palette----it looks refreshing and clean to me, like freshly fallen snow. But I also like the idea of a pop of red........

I like Lisel's idea of mostly monochromatic, with a pop of color...
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

You guys are right, my first palette suggestion is too much, so here is a second suggestion with fewer colors. I stayed with "grayed" colors.

Dawn, I like the simplified one, but those three blues are really similar. Could we do a more grayed one, (like 98adad), in place of the 7ebabc? and maybe lighten the 96d1d6 one a bit?

[img][/img]

How about this one? I traded out one of the light blues for a shade in the purple range to give a bit more contrast but keeping the colors lighter.

Yes, I like that one a lot, Dawn.

IMHO, I really liked having a brighter teal blue. I can't pinpoint why, but the last one seems "muddy" to me instead of "wintery clean & fresh."

Which did you prefer Laurel? The 98beca or the 96d1d6? I think we could add in one more bright blue. I'm not opposed to bright blues, I just thought those 3 blues looked a bit too similar.

The 96d1d6. If theme is winter fun, though, the palette in general seems too "muddy" overall. Winter should be sparkly clean- fresh snow, bright skies, etc.? IDK how else to explain. The palette is fine if we are doing "wood cabin" or something. Look at how clean and fresh your middle two palettes and my two palettes are compared to the last one.

It isn't necessarily the addition of the teal, it is cleaning up so it isn't so grey and muddy.

Laurel, I agree. I think the palette Dawn submitted is nice as far as the colors themselves and not in this context, but it's kind of muted or watered down for a fresh snow day kind of feel, almost faded----as in, the colors could all fade together into a puddle. The colors are definitely part of winter, but not the fresh side. Does that make sense? February is on the end of winter in the states, and I'm the one that brought up "fresh", and maybe that's not what everyone else is going for. Light colors, as Erin said she would like, would seem to me to be brighter, or have less of an undertone of something old or used or stale. I'm sorry, Dawn, I'm not saying the colors are wrong, just trying to describe what Laurel and I meant. At least, I THINK that's what I'm describing. Laurel? Erin, the color palettes you first posted were awesome, I think, as were Laurel's, in my opinion.

Just my personal opinion, but I feel that the mood of Dawn's palettes is quite similar to January 2015's Winter Arabesque palette:

[img][/img]

Yes, Robyn, I see similarities...

In my opinion that "light violet/purple" is not "appropiate" with the kit subject. I did my best to make a "mix" of the color palettes suggested and I love this idea:

The picture reminds me a very cold winter, don't y0u agree? Any other oppinions accepted:)

Maybe we could go a different route? If it's Winter fun, maybe we should make the colors fun!?

As much as I hate to admit it, you guys are quite right, my palette is way to grayed. I agree with Erin's comment in #20, the colors should be fun and bright….definitely bright. Several of the previous posted palettes would work great. smiley

Personally, I think you are right, Erin, but if I have to choose, I prefer your first "colour crush" (the idea to add green colors is wonderful!) rather than the second one which could lead, as Robyn said, to the January 2015's Winter Arabesque palette (because of the purples/violet colors)

...Well, it's my opinion, and I think we can end up with an "agreement", smiley

Sonia, I think you're right. I like that emerald green for a winter outdoor activity theme anyway...and it does make it look quite different from the Arabesque palette.

Although, it would be really nice to have a nice variety of "almost whites" to play with. I'd like to try to make some low-contrast patterned papers.

Perhaps Marisa can come up with something? hehehehe.

I took Erin's first two palettes, removed a few colours, added a few new colours, and this is what I came up with:

[img][/img]

Any thoughts?

Yes, Marisa could you help us, please?

Dawn,
I think Lisel explained it probably better than I. I do love the colors, just not in this context! I like Sonia's, with perhaps trading some of the brown/beige for winter whites.
[img][/img]

Laurel, you are free to change my palette proposal! Could you download it and change it with your exact ideas, please? because now I'm lost! smiley

What is more, don't you think that my color palette is too "serious" for a "Winter Fun" Kit?

I think the colors displayed in Erin's post, #20, on the tape swatches are stunning! Add a couple of whites, and you've got the perfect bright colors----even though originally I had said a pop of red would be good, I'm really liking the fresh, fun, bright and different shades of Erin's colors. The greens, blues, purples are just right in my mind.

So, I guess, the palettes in posts #18 and #19 (Robyn & Sonia) are pretty close, too. Just my two cents worth. But I'm not a designer (yet) so my opinion maybe shouldn't bear too much weight, I'm thinking.

And Sonia, that picture of the Cosplay costume is awesome. My hubby and I play (he, more than I) World of Warcraft. LOVE the costumes!

Laurel, GREAT photo for the white palette! You can just SEE the crisp, icy, sparkling air that would make your breath form icicles in mid air! Gorgeous!

Pages

Topic locked