Feb 2017 Blog Train - Working

136 posts / 0 new
Last post

wow, such wonderful designs coming to life!

You guys are off to a GREAT start! Love all the wonderful papers.

One paper kit done so far:

[img][/img]

I don't know if I'll get anything else done -- Queensland is going through a heatwave right now, so I don't feel very winter-ish!

Phyllis, I love that cute little mug! and Robyn, I'd love to visit! I'm not a fan of Winter.

So far everyone's contribution look awesome. There sure is a great group of talented designer here at DigitalScrapbook.com. This is what I came up with:

Okay, ladies. I resolved to stretch my comfort zone and attempt new things. So here is my first ever Blog Train offering. Please be kind
[img=600x600][/img]

You will need someplace to upload your image like photobucket or flickr. From there you can get the url of the image and then add it the same way you would add a layout image to a post. Hope that makes sense!

Firstly, I find it easiest to make a second copy of my preview as soon as I make it, and resize the copy to 600x600 pixels, as this a good size for the forums.

There is a tutorial on how to post images in the forums, and you can read it HERE.

Imgur is the site I use, and it’s fast, free and super-easy to use.

First, you’ll need to create an account.

HERE'S HOW

Then, once you sign in, hover your mouse over your username at the top right of the screen; a drop-down list will appear. Click on Images

The easiest way to add an image is to have two windows open on your monitor – one for Imgur, and the other for the folder you’ve saved the image to on your computer. Drag and drop the file onto the Imgur window, and the file uploads.

To post onto DigitalScrapbook.com, you will need the URL for the image. To do this, click on the image you just uploaded. Another window opens, with your image on the left, and a list of links on the right.The link you want is BBCode (message boards & forums). Click the Copy button, and the link is copied to your clipboard.

When you get to the forum on DigitalScrapbook.com, click on the icon on the far left (it looks like a picture of mountains). The Insert/edit image box appears. Paste the image URL you copied from Imgur, click on OK. When you click on Post Reply, your preview will appear.

Erin, just share some of your winter with us "down under", and we'll be only too pleased to give you some summer! Do you think you can handle 40-42 degrees? (Celsius, that is!)

Wow ... I am loving all of the amazing designs so far!!

Like Robyn, I live in Australia (Western Australia), and would love some winter snow!! I haven't seen snow since I came to Australia from England 46 years ago!!

Oh, wow, all your work looks awesome, ladies!
Sharon, I love your sweater papers, and Robin, I love your ice skates!

Your preview looks great, Patacake!

Thank you Jessica! Makes perfect sense smiley
And thank you Robyn for your help and your lovely comment!

I usually train horses during the winter months, so I was drawing a blank on this month's theme right up until I spent time with my grandkids. They have a way of warming my heart on the coldest day of the year! This will be for the blog train --

And....this is the coordinating fan freebie --

Everyone is making such pretty, pretty kits this time!

My winter fun at the moment... curled up on the couch with my favorite blanket and a stack of books trying to avoid the freezing rain lol! smiley

Sounds like heaven, Amanda! We're sweltering here in Australia!

I love your kit -- it's so pretty and delicate. smiley

This one might just be my favourite so far! Well done!

I love your icicle/snow drip element and the kids holding onto each other while skating!

Everything is tooooooooo much pretty here!! We are spoiled this winter..yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I am loving all the beautiful & fun kits here! I'm working on a Snow Baby twist with this one. The pinks and blues just lent itself smiley Mine will be for all those winter born babies or to scrap the babies playing in the snow, first snow, ect. I only have one winter born baby but I love winter and have tons of photos of my babies and their first snow. Hopefully I will have a preview soon! smiley

@Sharon ~ I cant imagine life without snow now that I live in a more Northern climate. I smiley snow! I grew up where there wasn't any so its only my adulthood that has experienced snow. But I live childhood snow days thru my kids as they have a ton of fun in the snow.

@Diane ~ Beautiful kit! And its wonderful to hear a grandmother take such sweet enjoyment in her grandchildren smiley smiley smiley

Thank you, Jessica. Grandchildren are the whole reason for raising kids of your own smiley I'm just glad I'm young enough and physically fit to keep up with them! We have fun!

This might just be my favorite blog train of the year - I am really enjoying seeing these beautiful kits you guys are coming up with! I can't wait to download these terrific kits!

WOW... such nice work coming out already! Love the colour palette . Can't wait for the train to go live!

Here is a preview of my contribution, it will be available Feb. 1
[img][/img]

Another beautiful addition to the blog train! Can't wait to see what that pale blue snowy paper (2nd left) like in its entirety, Dawn!

Incredible work from everyone!

Patacake, your papers are stunning! And you say you are a beginner? That's hard for me to believe. I think you are a natural.

On the front of our website at the top it says in messages: Jan 2 that Feb. 2016 not 2017 as should be, that the Blog Train is titled Winter Fun (the year is stated wrong), love you anyway Marissa LOL

Pages

Topic locked