Jan 2017 Blog Train - Working

94 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jan 2017 Blog Train - Working

Here's the info for the January blog train. Ideas include: woodworking, tools, mechanics, cars, etc

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

I know it's already a large palette but is there any chance we could add a set of dark/light golden yellows or a deep red?

For the yellow, something like #dca44e?

And for the red, maybe something like #822e18 or perhaps a little darker?

If the palette is already too large or the idea isn't shared among others, would it be okay to incorporate those two colors in small ways into my portions?

Kayl, I'll keep those two in mind for additional dimension when I'm painting elements. I see those as a lighter tone of the gold and darker tone of the copper on the first chip, which is reasonable to add for more metal and wood tones. The palette is already largish, but we've had far larger in the past, so I'm not stressing about it. We should be able to cover almost any natural metal as well as most woods for this kit, now!

thanks for the color swatch kayl!

No problem! smiley

When I first saw "The Guys" theme in the ideas thread, I was happy about a masculine train and something I could use for my guy but somehow when I started designing and just roughing ideas in photoshop I ended up going on a few different avenues that are more appropriate for The Little Guys! Though, I see a lot of people complain around the web that scrapping is only easy for little girls so I know there is a need/want for little boy themed kits!

I know it's still super early but I'm excited to see what you guys create! smiley

Also, I love having blogtrain working threads so far in advance!

Updating palette now!

ACO has been updated! smiley

as a mom of a little boy/auntie to several nephews I am SUPER excited to see what you ladies come up with, you always have amazing ideas!!

Here are two of my previews! I am literally brand new to making all-in-one previews so forgive me if they're a little crazy!

They look good, Kayl! I know I'll be using your part with my little guys! They love cars! smiley

Wonderful job Kayl!

Awesome, Kayl!

Very cool, Kayl. And I can't believe that you even made two kits - thumb up smiley

Thank you Alli, Lisel, and Claudia! smiley

Erin, I'm happy that some of my pieces will be useful for your boys!

Here's another! smiley

*The tape measure and the measurement journal card are included twice, one representing the metric system and the other, imperial. smiley

Kayl, your kit parts are really cool! You always seem to hit the target regarding the theme. Awesome/

Thanks, Sunny smiley

How wonderful kits you have made kayl!! Simply outstanding!!

Yes, Kayl, fabulous!

Kayl, your kits are wonderful!!

Thanks ladies! smiley

Cute kits, Kayl!

Great job Kayl! I love the "Danger is my middle name" My youngest boy is exactly that! He is 17 months old but has been enjoying leaping off couches & off window sills for awhile now [think Indian Jones and the Leap of Faith]. *sigh* He thinks it great fun. Sure isn't for his momma!

Thanks! smiley

I hear some boys are like that! And to think, he's only 17 months! smiley

Love the theme!! smiley

Kayl, beautiful job, honey!

I am a newbie...made a couple of PL cards...not sure I love them or what else I might do.
Preview

@Kayl ~ lol! Yep he is one of *those* boys.
@Gina ~ I love those cards!!!

Gina, those cards are really cool!!

Pages

Topic locked