July 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

70 posts / 0 new
Last post
July 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

Any ideas on colors and theme for the July blog train? Leave your thoughts below.

Maybe you have done some of these ideas already and I'm unaware, but being mid-summer, I'm thinking...
trains, planes and automobiles/summer travel
the classic summer road trip
or
the great outdoors

Something about farming? You know, farm animals, nice food, flowers everywhere, bees, crafts - all in one

I like the idea of a travel theme! I love vintage style travel, but since we are doing a Yesteryear for June, maybe some brighter colors are due for July. I like these... with maybe a few more added...and our normal black/white, too.

Edit: You can't read the ivory code very well. It's f6eead

Really like these colours. smiley

I like the great outdoors. Then you could do camping, farming, gardening...

I am with Andrea on this one, Picnics on the farm and BBQ's, summer parties is a great theme for July.
400x

oooh picnics would be cute.

Good point about the versatility of the great outdoors theme, Amanda and Robin.

like the colors of Robin with picnic great outdoors theme...

I personally like the travel theme with the colors that Erin suggested.

My favorite summer palette is actually a blue/yellow theme. Bright blue skies and lemonade. smiley Kinda like this: [img]

I like the broad outdoors theme. Like the others have said, it can be interpreted so many ways... picnics, bbq, beach, hikes, playgrounds, sunsets... so I tried to create a palette that reflected all of those things. A nice bright red for picnic blankets, a watermelon pink, greens for grass and foliage, a sandy brown and a dark brown, purples, oranges and yellows for sunsets, blues for water and sky...

I'm okay with the outdoor theme, but those colors just don't say "outdoor adventures" to me. I'd rather see a brown, a true red and maybe khaki or olive green for that theme.

I prefer the pic-nic theme! I imagine more vibrant colors...the violet and aqua-green colors don't seem to me like Summer colors... I see watermelons, strawberries... This is my palette proposal:

I like Sonia's colors much better for this theme. (Jennifer, I know you were just using the colors already suggested) smiley

I like the outdoors theme in general so people could go in whatever direction--carnivals, camping, fishing, farming, gardening, playing baseball, water skiing, summer travel, etc....which would make the blog train very versatile. Sonia's palette is very nice. I would suggest adding one or two shades of darker blue--something like a 405be1 or 1274ed.

Honestly I like Sonia's colors better too. lol

Could we lighten up the lighter brown color though? Or maybe get rid of the darkest brown and use the lighter one as the dark brown and then add a lighter brown. Maybe a khaki color like Erin suggested. Those browns are so close they almost read the same to my eye.

I'd keep the browns and add a tan.

Jennifer - My new favourite palette smiley

Thanks ladies! I made some modifications, let's see your opinion:

smiley

I actually liked the browns you had but was thinking more of also adding a cream-tan than a brown tan. Guess I could have mentioned a swatch # (duh). Something like this (which I paired with your original browns, Sonia), though others may prefer the more brown-tan. I like the darker browns to anchor the palette, then throw in the lighter colors.

Julie, your image cannot be seen! maybe you can make your own palette proposal, then we could see what you mean!

I like the blue skies & lemonade idea:

The other designers and I have already worked something up very similar to what you're proposing, so I'm interested in something a bit different.

I'm loving the blue skies and lemonade colors and theme!! .... or a general travel theme with the colors I suggested earlier.

I smiley that palette! smiley

I'm no help.....I love all the ideas!

Oh, yes! It's a great theme and palette!! smiley

I like the blue skies and lemonade theme!

beautiful colors and the theme is sweet! smiley

I love the blue skies and lemonade theme! smiley

I was thinking that perhaps it would be helpful to add a darker shade of yellow to the palette.
And it may not be necessary, but I was wondering how it would look like to add another contrasting, but sweet color to the palette, so I've tried adding a soft pink (sorry, I could not resist smiley). What do you think about something like this?:

Pages

Topic locked