June 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

58 posts / 0 new
Last post

@Jennifer ~ is there a way to work this color, #0b674c, into the palette?

love the colours Jennifer...and vintage i am just so eager ! I always love what i see when vintage kits are shown so I hope I can make one look just as fantastic as others do !

Jessica, I added it but I'm not sure it works in this palette. But I'll post it so everyone can give their opinions

Nah, I'm not a fan of the teal. It takes away the vintage vibe.

Thanks Jennifer ~ tho its not what I had in mind either. Here is what was closer in my head. The green should be more like the shutters of days gone by. Altho maybe my monitor colors are off.

Jessica, your colors are beautiful, but if I want to make a steampunk kit I really need those coppery colors, browns and tans. (Also the light sage green and the gray are basically the same and redundant.)

Steampunk is a little dirty...like a dingy wild-west meets victorian...with lots of gears. clocks, old stuff, and scientific diagrams.

It seems like we're playing with the same colors, but heading down different roads. Jessica's palette is very nice, but might be a little bright for vintage. Jennifer palette is perfect without the teal. That teal just seems to throw the whole scheme off balance.

And, maybe...to bring steampunk and vintage together...we could theme it something such as "Long Ago" or "Yester-year" or even "Yesterday". Just a few thoughts to ponder.

ooooh, love this one, that could be great kit to make

@Erin ~ I know all about steampunk but in fairness I wasn't thinking steampunk with the colors I selected. Which btw I wasn't trying to replace the palette just show how I imagined the green working with the current palette.

@Diane ~ I had only added two colors - the lighter cream and the green. The rest of the colors are in the palette. I added the cream since there needed to be a "near white" imho.

When it comes to colors I seem to have very different taste than the masses. smiley

i really don't do steampunk stuff, but the colors are great!

I like your palette Jessica. And I like the green you suggested and how you worked it in.

Honestly, I could work with either palette. I'm really not partial to one or the other. And the name, as long as it has something to do with vintage, Victorian, olden days, etc... I think it could work just fine for those who would like to go a steampunk route.

So here are two variations I could see using for the June blog train (in no particular order)...

I'd love doing a vintage theme for a change and I like all color palettes that I've seen so far! smiley

I accidentally stumbled upon another color palette which I really liked that reminded me of the colors already posted. So I thought (to make it even harder to choose smiley ) I would post it here just in case some of you might really like it too and might feel that some of the colors could make a great addition/replacement of some of the colors from the pretty palettes posted by Jennifer.

I personally really like how well the pinkish tones go together with the green, yellow and peachy tone in this one smiley

I like them all smiley

Color is so much fun. I like the additional tones Sharon mixed in, too! smiley

I was thinking more on the lines of the June Bride. I have not seen a lot of wedding kits, and I was thinking this would be a great theme for this month.

I dont know how to make the palettes, but maybe we need to see a couple of different ones, rather than just trying to change this one. Honestly I love the steampunk stuff and incorporate it into my heritage and vintage layouts often. I love to use the dark rich colors as well as mixing in softer shades of the same tone such as a brick red, teal, mustard,evergreen, navy blue, eggplant purple, lots of brown and chocolate shades, you would also need like the patina looking metal colors... Bronze, gold, silver, greenish
not all of these, but the all I could find that was in the right direction of what I was thinking. http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1600/4274e/product_images/uploaded_images/traditional-palette.jpg

Sorry for the delay, I've just been busy this weekend!

So here is a palette pulled from Sharon's colors and incorporated into the previous palettes.

Here is a palette pulled from Jennifer's colors.

@Robin, I didn't put together a palette from your colors since you already had them in a palette format. I like the neon colors and would love if we did something in the not too distant future with some neon colors but they don't say vintage or wedding to me. But I've been married twice and never had a wedding so I can't even pretend to know anything about weddings lol.

I think I got all the codes right on the colors but it's late on Sunday evening so I make no promises lol. I also just realized after I got everything saved and uploaded that I inverted the reds on the Jennifer's palette and forgot to rearrange the tabs on Sharon's to make them look nicer. Ugh!

It's not hard to make the palettes. I'm using Photoshop but you could do it in any program that can open a tiff file, has a color picker and gamut warning.

In Photoshop, I just open the tiff file I got from this thread (see post #8) Turn on the gamut warning (Shift+Ctrl/Cmd+Y or View>Gamut Warning) and then start double clicking the shapes to recolor them with the eye dropper. If the shape turns a weird grey color instead of the color you picked, then it's out of gamut and needs to be adjusted until it is in gamut (you can use the suggested color in the color picker) or use a different color. Make sure you have DejaVu Sans font if you don't want to substitute the font.

Thank you, but I really like the more jewel tones. I am not sure I did this right, I do not use photoshop. I was thinking more like this....

I tried to take all the palettes floating around and this is what I came up with, let me know what you think:

I think it is to soft of colors, but that may just be me. I really like the darker colors for my heritage pages. At the very least it would need the red shade for steampunk I think. I googled heritage and steampunk images on google and here were a few that popped up just to look at colors....maybe that will help.
[url][/url]
http://www.scrapbookscrapbook.com/images/heritageidea4.jpg
http://scrapgirls.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SG_SimplerTimes_LO_AMR_600.jpg

https://www.scrapbookscrapbook.com/images/scrapbooking-layouts/family-tree-heritage-layout.jpg
http://scrapgirls.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SG_SimplerTimes_LO_AMR_600.jpg

Marisa, I like yours!!

I think Marisa's colors could work in a steampunk theme. But I'm not a huge fan of the darker green though. What if we subbed in Jessica's green for the darker green in Marisa's palette?

Actually, I do like that last one better.

Marisa, I love your palette, the colors are so rich, and for those who like to work with soft colors, the faded tones you added are great. When I first read the suggestion of a steampunk theme I said "Yeah" because I was thinking that this theme would lend itself to more masculine things and there is such a short supply of kits geared more toward males. Even that dusty rose/pink combo can accent masculine elements (did you know that many years ago pink was actually considered a masculine color, not feminine?). To accommodate those hoping for a vintage theme, how about a theme title of "Steamy Vintage"? Hopefully that doesn't inspire risqué visions smiley

Any last comments on the most recent palette posted by Jennifer?

as a theme you could do "through the years" leaving it much more open to what ever decade people choose... I think the blues and pinks are very 50's, while the green and yellows and browns are 60's and 70's....

I think Jennifer's addition of the darker green shade is great, but I would actually also like an in-between shade of green like the darker green from Marisa's palette. Maybe we can include 3 shades of green, just like there are 3 shades of brown? smiley

Pages

Topic locked