June 2016 Blog Train - Working

117 posts / 0 new
Last post
June 2016 Blog Train - Working

This month's theme is Yesteryear, suggestions for this include steam punk and heritage/genealogy, or whatever inspires you!

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

I just love this muted palette! Thanks, Marisa!!

I started with some old things, then made some papers. Lots of experimenting!

I like this too!

Beautiful kit Merritt!

I found this font that would go well with a steam punk theme, and it's commercial use! Posting here since it will be of use to the blog train for June.
steamy font

Arlene, I LOVE that alpha! Thanks so much!

Great font for a steampunk theme, you're right!Thanks for the link.

Merritt - what a gorgeous kit! And since I own (& use!) two of those phones, I'm especially thrilled to see you include them in your kit!! Yes, we are throwbacks & have no cordless phones but do have 4 extensions throughout the house, three vintage (one touchtone wall phone & two desktop rotary dial phones) plus one reproduction yellow princess touchtone phone. I love old phones, even though no one but telemarketers call us anymore. smiley

I hear ya on the telephone marketers! We get so many I find myself hardly picking up the landline.

Thanks so much all for the sweet comments. There is so much talent here it is very intimidating to a noob like myself.

Arlene, awesome find!

Waooo! I kike it smiley

I created a PhotoShop color palette (ACO file)for the Yesteryear Blog Train to make things easier for me working on this kit. I saved a copy of the Photoshop ACO file and also png color swatches in case they would be handy for anyone else. (I looked but couldn't find anything to convert the Photoshop ACO file to a PaintShopPro equivalent.)

The link to the Photoshop color palette and the PNG swatches is here:

Photoshop color palette

Thanks.

Here's my paper pack on Dea's designs

LOVE the color pallet! Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with smiley

I'm finding it really hard to stop making things for the June train... I only just started yesterday...

I'm SO in love with this theme and the colors!! I haven't found my personal inspiration yet, but you guys are killing it!

June is going to be one busy month for me so I wanted to get a head start on this months Blog Train contribution. So here is what I came up with. I went with rusted elements with some patina on them which are are all hand made. I had fun with these.

Yesteryear strikes me more as old photo albums and crinkled papers or sepia-toned or stained polaroids, etc lol I seem to be stuck on that. But before I knew it was changed from steampunk, I made a set of gears. I'm concerned now that it doesnt relate, although I saw that Arlene made a gear related alpha (totally awesome!) so perhaps there is hope!

(havent saved them from the psd yet, but they will be individual pngs, i just added the background because it was easier on my eyes lol)

Still not sure where I'm going to take this exactly, I might actually go for an old photo album type theme maybe.. We'll see when inspiration strikes, I guess! Loving what I'm seeing so far! smiley

Kayl, I have gears in the works too! Just haven't added them to the preview yet.

I'm kind of going a steampunk inspired family heritage album. Everyone's interpretation will be a little different, it doesn't make any of the interpretations wrong, just different. smiley

Kayl, I think they are perfect! Especially for use in masculine layouts. One of my boys was looking over my shoulder as I scrolled this and his reaction to these was, "COOL!!".

Sometimes, I wish I could just smiley a comment. smiley Love the gears!

I think the gears are AWESOME and work wonderfully. You can still do a steampunk kit if you want. Great job, Kayl!

So I made an alpha too smiley Each letter/number is entirely unique! And as usual, I included the swedish å, ä and ö.

wow! Kayl... how did you make this alpha? Did you use a style of some sort?

I found the font and thought it perfect, so I typed a page out with the alpha and numbers, then layer by layer created how it looked. the perforation is a style, the rest I did layer by layer to get the final result. I'll probably turn it into a style of its own before too long so I don't have to do it piece by piece if I want to use this look again!

*Just realized I couldn't make it a style, I'd actually have to make it into an action! Too many steps and merges and such to get the achieved look.

The first of several papers I plan to make smiley

Wow! Kayla, beautiful alpha and scrumptious papers!

Oops,sorry, it's late. I misspelled your name, Kayl.

Fabulous alpha Kayl!

Wow Kayl. Sounds complicated! Ha! It must have took some time getting them all just right. Great job and I LOVE the papers, toO!

Pages

Topic locked