March 2017 Blog Train - Working

160 posts / 0 new
Last post

@Robyn - what a great idea! I always find it incredibly frustrating when year cards don't exist* for photos I want to scrap so I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of your cards. And my, do you think ahead! I'm not sure I'll live long enough to get to use all of them. smiley And I'm glad you're using the browns - I love them.

*Yes, I can make my own but if I'm using one set & want to keep the same look & paper, it's just so much easier to have them already made. Color me lazy sometimes. smiley

I'm not a pocket scrapper, so I don't know if these are okay or not. Feel free to tell me if they are rubbish (I won't be offended) smiley

Well, Sharon *I* love them! I'm not exactly a pocket scrapper (my pages look sort of like pocket pages but I glue everything onto a page rather than using the pocket protectors) & I know I'll use these. Thank you! I'm especially thrilled because I really need journal cards (ones to journal on) & yours are perfect!!

Oh thank you Sarah! I'm so glad you like them smiley I included cards without the lines too, as I thought people could use them to put titles on, or still journal on them as well.

I really like them Sharon! smiley Great job! I also like that you included the lines and without.

Thank you Erin smiley

Your journal cards look great, Sharon! Very elegant, clean and simple - lovely!

I'm nowhere near ready to post kit previews, but I thought I'd keep you up to date with what I'm working on

4 inch x 3 inch year cards:

[img][/img]

6 inch x 4 inch month cards:

[img][/img]

4 inch x 4 inch round day name tags:

[img][/img]

4 inch x 4 inch day number cards:

[img][/img]

I think this train is really challenging a lot of us, as there have been quite a few comments from people that they either don't know anything about pocket scrapping, or that they don't do pocket scrapping. I know I struggled with it at the beginning, and even had to resort to Uncle Google to find out more about it, but I'm finding that the more I do, the more ideas I'm getting about more things to do! I'm finding, too, that the cards are like mini-layouts in themselves and, most surprisingly for me, I don't feel limited with such a small palette, with only 5 brown shades!

And, Sarah, I'm even considering doing more year cards, for even earlier that 1950! smiley

EDIT: My cards are now going to cover the years 1800 to 2050.

Gah, I think we've created a monster... 5 template files in my folder for this blog train--out of 185 items in it so far, and it's not even February yet!

@Robyn - that would be fabulous! I have family pictures back to the late 1800s (my father's father fought in the Philippines in the Spanish-American war & took photos; one of my favs is of Manila harbor filled with ships' masts), but most of them are from 1920 on so any additional dates would be most welcome. And my, is that quite the run-on sentence (& I'm too tired to fix it right now, sorry!!).

I know what you mean, Holly!! I keep thinking of more things to do, too! smiley

Yeah, I was thinking that people would have some really old family photos to scrap, Sarah. I might not get the older ones done in time, as I have so many things I still want to do for the blog train, but they would definitely go up on the freebie thread some time.

No worries, Robyn - I'm just grateful for the 50s on! Anything else would be a lovely bonus but not necessary (though I appreciate you even considering it!!).

So I have some cards and cutouts. Most of the cards are flat or have a flat variation for printing and the hashtag a blank variation as well. smiley

How are you all saving your items? I've been saving mine as PNGs, with no compression (thinking it would be better quality for printing) but the file sizes are HUGE! Should I resave them with compression? Will the quality be good enough? Or should I be resizing them smaller? Or saving them in another format altogether?

I'm drowning in huge files!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

EDIT: Thanks to Holly for addressing this!

This one of my "I Love" filler cards:

[img][/img]

Just ignore the black corners, they aren't actually like that in real life, they have rounded corners! There are 30 cards in the set, so hopefully I've covered most of the people you love. (And, yes, dogs, cats and pets are people, too, just furry ones!)

That's one of the best reasons to make square-cornered cards, Robyn. I'm making mine all square-cornered and have also made a set of round-cornered shapers in most of the likely sizes for pocket scrapping, with each size in 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2" corners. Then if someone wants them with round corners, it's an easy clip, or if they want to print cards and use corner rounder punches, or prefer square corners, it's all covered.

And square corners mean they can be saved as JPG.

Oh, Amanda, I love, love, love those cards! I'm going to get so much use out of them (& thanks for including flat versions!).

PS I'm loving everyone's contributions - you are all going to help make my first attempt at a weekly album much snazzier!

Amanda, I love your kit, too! I can't wait to use it and I think it will work perfectly with the stuff I'm working on. (Still not done with a preview).

Holly, I agree. I'm on a CT and the designer makes all her cards as .png files and I'm not sure why. She doesn't even round the corners. I like to make them JPGs with square corners, too. The user can shape them, if needed.

I made Journal Cards with a standard size of 6x4, some of them with squared corner and other with round corner, and I am happy because I will include everything: PSDs, JPGs (corner squared cards), PNGs of all the elements and even the patterns used which I made myself!! Hope my kit will be useful though I am not sure...

Sonia. I love them! I will definitely use them and how nice of you to include the PSD files, too!

Sonia, those are gorgeous! smiley

Loving ALL of these so I'm really looking forward to this Blog Train next month smiley

Sharon - I love your cards. I went searching for something like that yesterday but couldn't find exactly what I wanted - I'll just have to leave the space and wait until next month to finish that LO.

Robyn - those year cards are devine. They will be most useful.

And many many thanks to all of you for designing and sharing these goodies. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the tip, Holly, I've now changed the round cornered cards into square cornered ones, and am resaving everything as JPGs instead of PNG's. smiley

Sonia, your journal cards are so beautiful! And, now I see how you've added just the small touches of colour -- that's something I had trouble with, with the result being that I'm not adding any of the 'pop' colours at all, and just using the browns.

Trish, thank you for your comment! It's good to know that you're doing something that is liked and will be used - I love them myself, but that doesn't mean that other people will!

I've finished the set of corner rounders in all of the common and most of the uncommon pocket scrapping shapes. Since these are something that'll be really useful to everyone doing pocket scrapping, I'm going to post them here and in my freebie thread now and not make you all wait the whole month.

Sizes included are 4x6, 4x4, 3x4, 3x3, 2x6, 2x4, 2x3, 2x2, 1x4, 1x3, 1x2, and 1x1. Each one has 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2" corner variations. Just click the preview to download.

INFO on POCKET SCRAPPING: The pocket scrapping is from the Project Life scrapbooking method created by Beth Higgins. Learn more at her site: http://beckyhiggins.com/

Pages

Topic locked