March 2017 Blog Train - Working

160 posts / 0 new
Last post

Lady, thank you very much for your comments!

Holly, thank you very much for your pocket shapers, they will be very useful!

Thank you, Holly, for the templates! I was just needing something like this, but was too lazy to do it myself smiley

Quote:
How are you all saving your items? I've been saving mine as PNGs, with no compression (thinking it would be better quality for printing) but the file sizes are HUGE! Should I resave them with compression? Will the quality be good enough? Or should I be resizing them smaller? Or saving them in another format altogether?

If they are solid images (no transparency) then you should save as .JPG; as long as you're designing at 300ppi and not compessing the saved file in any way, they'll print fine. HTH.

Sonia, that card with the red flower on it is absolutely stunning! I like everything I've seen from everyone, mind you, but that card just "spoke" to me!

Kathryn, I've been meaning to make some for ages, just to have on hand--it isn't difficult to make them, but having to do the mental calculations to get them to be the right dimensions and corner radius every. single. time. was getting tedious!

I've also finished the preview for this set of 4x6 journaling prompt cards, which will be available in both flat and textured versions. I think I've managed to pick phrases that will be flexible for everyday life journaling, but there's a blank one included so people can make their own add-on cards if they download the font for free.

Holly - those cards are fabulous! I can't wait to download them & I know I'll get tons of use out of them.

Sonia - I love your cards, too. I get over how colorful they are using only black, white, & an accent color. I'm going to really enjoy using them!

gorgeous stuff Mandy!

love the text effect here Holly! The matte black is so nice too!

Whoa! Everyone's work is looking great as always!

I'm still working on these but... What do you think? Are these too simple? Any font suggestions {typeface and size}? smiley

I think those are gorgeous just as they are, Luna; they're elegantly simple, still very neutral, usable in a variety of albums and kits. I could even see them fitting into a small 6x8 PL pocket and being used with another card and a photo as a planner divider. Your font size is good: any larger or smaller would disturb the elegant whitespace balance of the card. I might consider a second set in a brush script or something like Josefin Sans for variety, but I'm sure someone else will do script weekday, month, and season cards as well, given the theme.

@Kayl Turesson thanks for finishing the Palette, but wanted to double check the yellow in the last row...it's got the same HTML code as the peach to the left. I'm getting f4de6e for it, but my codes can be slightly off at times. Let me know if you had something different.

Again Thanks.

Thank you so much! I honestly wasn't sure about them until now!
I'll look up for a nice brush script and try it!

Good catch! Sorry about that. I get the same code, f4de6e. smiley I updated the picture, too! Thanks!

Did someone say for babies/kids?

* Should I add the word "week" to the numbers cards?

* not sure about the word cards... Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated smiley

Imperio, these are lovely! I don't think adding "week" to the cards is necessary smiley Someone could easily use them for month cards, too!

What a lovely artwork so far, ladies!! smiley

Are these too colorful to be useful? These are 3x4 size, for starters......

@Sunny - No! Or at least I don't think so. smiley The colors you used are so soft they read as neutral & they cards look like they'll be quite versatile. Very nice work!

I love all the things I'm seeing!! smiley I need to get on the ball and finish up my kit!

I'm in the middle of what is turning out to be a very big bundle! I may not get it all done in time, but everything will eventually be on my freebie thread smiley

I've been limited on time and it is only going to get works over the next few weeks, I'm afraid... After browsing through everyone's amazing contributions, I decided to go "totally basic" for mine.]

Laurel, I love them! I know I will use those! smiley What a great variety of colors you've made!!!

Hi, I am new here, but I thought I'd give this a try and I made a set of papers. I based myself on beiges and greys from the colour swatch and Gayle Lungle's posts talking about trees.

OH MY, Lucia! These are stunning! I love, love, LOVE them so much! I love artsy papers and the trees really take these over the top. Awesome work!

Laurel, those are fabulously simple.

Love, Love, Love what everyone is coming up with so far!

Just resurfaced from designing! My bundle keeps exploding! I keep making things, then I go "What would it look like if I tried this, and this! Ooh, I love that, must make that..." At this rate, I'll have about 30 element & 30 paper kits. I can't believe how much you can do with only 5 browns!!

Ok, getting ready to dive back in....

See you...

Sooooooooon...

Pages

Topic locked