March 2019 Blog Train - Working

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
March 2019 Blog Train - Working

The March 2019 blog train is Mardi Gras!

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

Please make sure this logo is visible on your preview:
DigitalScrapbook.com Blog Train Logo

The color on the bottom right swatch represents a hex code of "eeeeee" even though the swatch itself says "f0eee1". The ACO file has been made to represent the color, not the code! I've made Marisa aware of this (same issue on swatches for Feb-June) and if it's the code that is meant to be followed I will edit my ACO file and mark it as "updated"!

ACO File

Sorry to be a bother, but what is the policy about adding a color to our kit that isn't on palette? "Mardi Gras" colors typically are purple, green, and gold, of which there is no gold in the palette... thanks in advance!

A splash of a metallic is fine smiley A lot of people have silver or gold edges around their brads or on their fastener pieces. I've personally used metallics on papers and journal cards as well.

If you're going to go nuts with the gold it might be beneficial to indicate that it's not print friendly depending on how you go about it smiley

Definitely add gold if you want!

@Kayl: Updating all the whites to #eeeeee

I use metallic elements all the time; I meant the actual "color" gold, like fecb1f or some semblance. All the Mardi Gras colors have specific symbolic things tied to them.

Purple – symbolizes Justice.
Gold – symbolizes Power.
Green – symbolizes Faith.

So can I add the "color" gold?

Laurel, I didn't know the symbolism of the colors! Every day we learn something new!

Of course you can add gold!

Perhaps a gold should be added to the palette smiley

Why didn't you say so when we were discussing palette colors and themes? I hate to be so rude, but it was me who made the palette colors and gave this idea and nobody said nothing about adding a gold.

Add gold if you want as it been said and don't use the colors you don't like but please respect the work of the others.

I'm sorry but I wasn't involved in any of the palette selections/colors, etc. as I am also a full-time teacher and have been focusing on rewriting curriculum and mentoring a new teacher.

I love all the colors that exist in the palette currently, I just wanted to add gold. I don't know why nobody said anything; if I had time to look at the palettes and vote, I would have mentioned it then.

Updated the palette with gold!

Ok, Marisa, it's your web site

YAY for Mardi Gras, this is my fave palette!!!

WHO DAT! This is a pretty palette!

This was so much fun to work on and I hope everyone likes what I came up with.

Hoping to make more than the 3 elements I currently have in photoshop.. if nothing else, papers!

New Orleans is a fun place to visit!

Wonderful, Wonderful kits so far - AWESOME!

In March I will share with you my attempts in Illustrator.

Here in Brazil, at the Carnival party, children dress up with costumes. It's a lot of fun and the characters of superheroes and super heroines are successful.

Hope you like it.

PSMar2019_TamaraF_PU_FS by Tamara Fernandes, no Flickr

you did an awesome job! being from NO I really appreciate all these patterns!

@Alli, thank you!

indeed, that's an amazing job! congrats! do you sell any of them? https://delicerecipes.com

Roland, these will all be free to download during the month of March. Then after March, a designer is welcome to put them in their store. Hope to see you join in!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

download

Here is my part: ( I added a few things. smiley )

I managed to make elements! 20! Woo!

Couldn't resist making a flashy extravagant mask...

Kayl, both hubby and I are giggling at your awesome preview pic!

smiley

[img][/img]

Brenda, the mask is gorgeous!! I love the textures and all that you put in it.

Pages