May 2016 Blog Train - Working

94 posts / 0 new
Last post
May 2016 Blog Train - Working

Fun times ahead!

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

Talking to myself maybe, but I've become weirdly obsessed with this blog train. I wasn't expecting that...

I struggle with color palettes this large...

Me too, Julie -- I don't seem to have the knack of selecting just a few colours!

smiley

Not only that, when some people pick a few colors for their kit, and others pick other groups of colors from the palette, I don't feel the kits all go together into one mega blog train bundle as well as if the color palette is smaller. (sigh)

good point Julie

I love the colors! So bright and Cheery. I can hardly wait for this one. I love that you can choose to do a kit geared towards girls or boys or both.

So you're having a party with this one Marisa? smiley

I don't know, ladies. As an artist, I don't think you can ever have too many colors. So many of the scrap kits on the market lately have too few of colors in them and I find them rather boring. But, that's just my opinion. Marissa, you're not the only one obsessed with this train. The colors just grabbed me right from the start and swirled around in my head until this happened......

Don't get me wrong, Di. I LOVE the colors in this train. I'm just not good at putting that many together and making them look good! ha ha. I'm not a real artist. I just pretend to be one on DigitalScrapbook.com. LOL Your kit is FAB as usual!

What I usually do is find three colors on the palette that go well together and then add other colors in as needed. With this palette, I took the 6 balloon colors and said "oh ya!" And, Julie...we're all REAL artists. When you can do a craft and are brave enough to let other people see it, you are an artist.

Thank you for your insider color tip, Di! I will try that approach with this palette. (And I do consider myself an artist, just not coming from the traditional concept of art--which has blossomed into so many forms these days, thankfully!)

@Melo: I'm partying a bit too hard, someone needs to cut me off...

So pretty, Diane -- as usual! smiley

Thank you, Robyn. With 5 grandchildren, I have a lot of birthday scrapbook pages to do each year!

I actually like it when people pick different colors as the main colors for their portion and each kit looks a little different instead of all the kits looking like one huge collaboration. I don't like all my pages looking like I used the same kit over and over lol. And I rarely do matched pages or entire scrapbooks from the same kit so I'm pretty sure that's why I prefer each kit to have it's own look.

I have a ton of papers made for this train already and ideas for more lol. I've been taking a bit of a break lately as my brain just felt like it was on overload and none of my ideas where working out like I imagined when I tried to make them. I'll probably pick back up later this week but for now I'm just enjoying the break smiley

I started working on this one today. I already have 6 papers and quite a few elements. It is fun! I'm making mine geared more towards BOYS, so I picked orange, purple, blue and green.

Yay, Erin! I have two nephews (now 10) & it's incredibly hard finding birthday bits for them so I'm very much looking forward to downloading your kit!!

Sooooo many colors, my goodness! Is it weird that I saw the middle colors and instantly thought of a kiddish style halloween? hahaha In my defense, it is still snowing here, so feeling a bit wintery outside despite it being almost April. Swedish Spring is certainly having an identity crisis.

Hoping inspiration hits me like a freight train soon smiley

This is what I've come up with so far, I will add more eventually.. I always do. smiley

Your kit looks fabulous Diane!

So sorry you don't allow making free printables with your products, I'll love to do something with.

Pretty papers and balloons Kayl! Great idea making one for girl and one for boy.

Hello everybody!

I have already finished my part, it is a Mini Kit, hope you like it, because I love yours! No later on, I will post my layouts, it was very funny to make this kit!! Thank you!

And here you have my 3 layouts!:

smiley

Beautiful Sonia and you made gorgeous layouts!

Awesome color pallet,i soooooooo love the theme also.I think i'm also gonna be like you Marissa......:weirdly obsessed" with this pallet and the theme.I have only one birthday kit on my blog,i used the greens,red's orange,blue and yellow's.I'm gonna try not to use those same colors,however,that maybe somewhat harder then i think,maybe the pastels in those colors will work this time.

Great kits ladies!!

I love your kit and your layouts, Sonia!!

Party! Yey!!!

This is my contribution to this train's theme, bright and bold. I guess maybe I went a little overboard, but I just couldn't stop.

Wow, Robin!!! You really did make a lot! I love the chevron papers and the party hats best!

Pages

Topic locked