May 2016 Blog Train - Working

94 posts / 0 new
Last post

Gorgeous Robin!

Kayl...love it!

Here is what I have so far:

I'm working on another part more suitable for boys and have the papers done:

OMG! Phyllis THE DOG BALLOON PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE those papers, especially the balloon pup! I suspect that might be one of the most popular papers this month...and might find its way into all sorts of fun personal layouts down the line, since I have a friend who makes balloon animals for parties and will just randomly pull out a balloon from his pocket, tie an animal while you're talking, and hand it to you. smiley

Thank you Erin and Holly!! I've seen people make balloon animals and they are such fun to watch. It's amazing what they can do. There will be a balloon animal element for the boy's kit when I get time to work on it again.

Glad you made a balloon dog, Phyllis! I tried for awhile and just couldnt get it right! Happy to see it incorporated somehow!

Happy to hear it!

Woaooo! I love the color pallette!
I would like to partecipate!
I read rules but I never take part in a PS blogtrain and maybe it's a time!
I write a little in the forum because my english is so basic and bad
I try to downoad the PS logo but I can't. I will try too late.
Hugs to all you!! smiley

Diry, just make something in those colors with a birthday theme and put it up somewhere for download. The blog trains are open for everyone.

Here's a link to the preview template if you want to use it: https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/marisa-lerin/designs/pixel-scrapper-preview-package-template-paper

Don't worry about your English--we can understand what you said, and that's the important part. I probably don't speak your native language well, either. smiley

Love the balloon dogs!

Excited about this one!!! The theme has endless possibilities!

i've made some fun prompts in what i would describe as "cartoon style" smiley

and also a .psd layered template- my first.

actually, i have a favour to ask- if there's a photoshop user willing to test this template, would you please contact me on [email protected] so i can send you a download link.
i created it in gimp and just wanna know if it'll work in photoshop.

/edit/ a big thanks to holly & sonia for testing out the template! (*kiss!*) aaaand i'm happy to report it works- so hip hip hooray! smiley

Finished the boys kit:

I got some stuff drawn earlier in the month, but I don't know how much more I'll be able to do on this theme now--my cousin was just diagnosed with cancer and it's too advanced and she's too weak for chemo, so they're giving her about two weeks to live. Her 47th birthday was Monday, three days after the diagnosis, and I keep trying to work and end up crying thinking about her... Hopefully I'll be able to get my head straight in a few more days. I'm trying to be thankful she won't have to be sick for years only to lose the battle in the end anyway, but it's not working too well yet.

{{{HHUUGGSS }}} I'm so sorry Holly! She is still so young! I cannot even imagine being given that kind of prognosis. smiley I wouldn't be able to think straight much myself after hearing that kind of news. Will keep you & your family in my thoughts Holly!

So sorry to hear about your cousin, Holly. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. 47 is so young. My mom was 47 when she passed and it was way too early. I'm so sorry.

On the scrapping front, this is my first attempt. I'm new to this, so please let me know if you have any input. I like a hand drawn effect and I tend to gravitate towards that... but maybe I should be making them more prim and proper?
You can download this Kit on Dropbox here now!

Thank you Holly. I'm working in my part now.
I downloaded the preview some day ago. Thanks so much smiley

Yes, Paddy, it works well... and thank you--this was perfect for a little scrap therapy. I think I'm close to being able to get back to designing, though I'm definitely going to have to focus on someone like my son or my niece rather than my cousin...

This month will actually be my first Blog Train attempt. smiley I'm pretty excited!

I love classic themes like this.

Here is my portion!(will go live on my blog on May 1)

Oooohhhh, Alli, I love the old TLR and the bottle of sprinkles! The dress is gorgeous, too!

This dress is gorgeous Alli!

Mine:

Thanks ya'll!

love this template and kit!

thanks!!!!!!

Really sorry to hear about your cousin, Holly...I just lost my sister to the same dreaded disease last month,16th March, after about a year of struggling with it. I'm still trying to come to grips with her loss...Be strong, and pray she doesn't have to suffer too much...My deepest sympathies to you and your cousin's family.

praying for you holly!

Pages

Topic locked