Nov 2015 Blog Train - Ideas

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nov 2015 Blog Train - Ideas

What are your ideas for our November blog train? Leave palette and theme ideas below!

I have no clue for a theme, but I would love a yellow-gray-peach palette like this:

I like the color inspiration shown by Melo... a possible them could be "The golden years"/"Anestral" or "Retirement".... although most members are probably nowhere near this stage in their lives, perhaps they have parents or grandparents who are.

I love Melo's palette - I find it both calming & energizing & it makes me want to stop & reflect on where I am & where I'm going so - perhaps a year-end theme of some sort. Taking stock of where you are & where you want to go (similar to your scrapping therapy series). Or maybe something like Gratitude or Looking Forward & Looking Back. I'm not good at this... smiley

The colors and designs suggested by Melo are very 60's and 70's, a retro theme?

A vintage or prince and princess theme??.. smiley

Here's an idea out of the box! Since NOV is the 10 month, therefore 1 0 and that's the digital language. How bout a real digi theme with a foggy color palette?

Succulent plants

could be so much fun ,
and the colours are so versatile.

I like Melo's colors, too. What about a mid-century modern theme? It's retro and her images made me think of the mid-century designs.

I like your idea Erin!

I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!

I really like Melos, color inspiration and Erin is so right, it makes me think retro mid - century. I really like that smiley

I'm a huge fan of mid-century so I'd be thrilled to see that for a blog train theme!

I loathe yellow as a color, but mid-century modern is fun. I'll probably work mostly with the rest of the palette.

How about black, white, the darker yellow, the peach, the greys, and the dark teal/navy from the first image Melo posted, plus maybe an olive-y green for foliage?

Possible theme of "Thankful Harvest" as it is Thanksgiving in the States

Possible theme of "Fall Garden"

I love both of your palette suggestions, Dawn! Nice balance of color and both are perfect for fall. If I had to pick between the two though, I think I'd go with "Fall Garden".

I'm a fan of mid century as well. I'm really grooving on Erin's take of Melo's suggestion. I personally dislike peach, and I think a brighter orange is more mid century. So maybe modifying Holly's idea a bit, and using the chart below: black, white, peace and love (yellow), new wave(orange), war weary (gray), soft rock (gray), time honored (blue), new world (blue), earth day (green) and counter culture (red).

My thought for those that want a fall/thanksgiving theme.... "Fall Feast" but I'm not really a fan of either of Dawn's color schemes. I don't like the faded look to the colors. I found this color scheme with a nice, bright teal...which is fun and different for a fall theme.

I love this Thanksgiving Idea very much..Wish this would be November Theme..

I like Melo's colors, and I also like the idea of the Graditutde / Scrap Therapy Series, and somehow tie that in with Thanksgiving for us in the States.

Erin, I love that palette! I may use it for something whether or not it gets chosen as a blog train palette. smiley

I would love to do a fantasy blog train. It could include princes and princesses as Sherry suggested, as well as many others such as: fairies, gnomes, trolls, wizards, pirates, dragons, mermaids, outer space/aliens, castles, knights, and even dinosaurs. It definitely could include both masculine and feminine imagery, and it would be fun to see how everyone's differing styles comes together.

Retro does sound fun to do also, although I'm with Holly...I really dislike the color yellow (and orange and most browns). Not good at this time of year! LOL When I think of retro, I immediately think of a teal or aqua blue and, darn it, orange.

Topic locked