Oct 2015 Blog Train - Working

149 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 2015 Blog Train - Working

I've decided to go ahead and declare the palette and theme for October. I took the Comic palette from the last poll and tweaked it a little. I figured we could do a teenage theme, with special emphasis on boys. See this request thread for more details on that. Of course, if you were interested in the actual comic theme, that's still applicable!

Please read the new guidelines before finishing your contribution.

Feel free to pin inspiration to our Pinterest board. If you'd like to be added to the board, please leave me a comment here (make sure you are following the board, or else I can't add you).

Marisa,
I think this was a FABULOUS idea! Thank you!

I love these colors and the theme!

love the theme too!

Ohhhhh..It's not even September, but October's Blog train topic has arrived!! And Even one entry already.. smiley

It's superb Marcela.. smiley

Love the topic..Of course gonna join in..yay!! smiley

Okay,here's what I have made so far..The black and white ladies actually look better in B&W than colors..But you can colorize them if you want..

Great palette and theme!

Wow! Sherry! I love the teenage girls! Thanks for the CU. smiley

Great colors! Great theme! Sherry, the girls are fantastic, thank you.

Thank you for nice words Olga and Erin.. smiley

Nice papers Marcela! You're so fast!

Love your ladies Sherry!

Thank you Liza.. smiley

So glad other colors got added to the palette, however, I really wish there were a pink or a purple! Sherry, I really like your girls, especially the B&W ones. I'll also be doing girls as I have two great-nieces that are 12 going on 18 (yikes!) and a couple who are in their late teens!! My great-nephews are either too old for most teen boy stuff, or too young. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Thank you Sally..Well, I also haven't followed the color palette firmly..They are just guides for us if we are lacking ideas..but if you want to add an extra color, i don't think anyone will mind.. smiley

This is a great theme and pallete!!
I have 4 boys ages 4-10 who are huge superhero fanatics, so I am working on a comic book kit!

Here is a quick page (Saved as a png so you just layer 3 pictures behind it, the brown background is the empty space)

Is this OK? I need to figure out how to file share. Is anyone willing to test a google drive link for me?

I am also wondering if it's too late to post the little Whale I made for July... It's so cute, and I just got too busy to figure out how to zip it and share smiley

Super quickpage Vanessa

@Marcela, your papers are awesome!
@Sherry, i love your stickers!

I have no idea of what I will make with this palette and theme, I haven't teenagers around me, only littles girls!
When I was a teen, I was a book-addict and I'm always! Maybe a kit around creative minds and books... but it's not really a boy theme...

@ Dorine, my oldest is only 10, but is quite the book worm!

@Dorine, I think that your idea could be a "boy" theme. A boy theme doesn't have to masculine or even about boys. It just needs to NOT be girly and probably avoid flowers and flowery items. Many boys are into books and have creative minds, too. It doesn't need to be stereotypical "boy". A lot of people complain about the boy kits that are available, some people have boy kiddos that just don't fall into those stereotypes. Maybe something very gender neutral would be best!

Vanessa, I love your quick page..Make some more of it..I bet it would be useful for many layout designers.. smiley

Here's what I have made as a 2nd set..Contains 28 elements..

Here is the preview with the second page. Still looking for someone willing to test links for me as well....

Here is an actual spread using the quick pages. (The yellow box on the right will hold the journaling)

I can't believe October train is starting already! I really love this theme because I am crazy about halftones and this is the perfect place for them! I may add more bits, but school starts back up real soon and design time is going to be short. YUK!
Marcela, Your papers are great!
Vanessa, I really like the comic book feel to your part!

[img=500x500]DigitalScrapbook.com Oct. BT preview dragonfire graphics by Dragonfire Graphics, on Flickr[/img]

I liked the kit, Betsy!

Thank you so much, Marcela. smiley

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res
There are several more of the triangle papers in both sizes, all in various color combinations smiley

Great kits, Kayl!

My Sneak Peak of Papers smiley

Pages

Topic locked