Oct 2015 Blog Train - Working

149 posts / 0 new
Last post

Fun papers, Erin! I really like the multi-patterned one in the middle!

Love it!!!

Kayl, I love your camo papers! Awesome!

Thanks! I didn't think this theme would be easy at all, but stuff just keeps going on the screen!

Love the color palette smiley

Vanessa - if you still need someone to test the links, holler. I'd be glad to.

Those page templates are freakin' adorable!

My part is on Dea's design, waiting for you

I'm working on some hand-drawn elements. I'm really liking the way they are turning out! I made some journal cards, too. What do you think?

Looks teenager-y to me! Love the bottle caps idea smiley

I also made a circuit board pattern similar to the one on your gray journal card! smiley

Thanks, Kayl! I work with teenagers (every.single.day) so I hope I know a little about them. I'm also trying to keep mine as generic as possible. I've heard many people complain that when their kid doesn't fit into a sterotype (sporty, nerdy, musical, video gamer,etc.) that they have a hard time finding kits that really work. I hope mine helps!

Here is my updated preview. I added a couple more stickers. I think I'm done now!

Erin, your 3D stickers are awesome!

Thanks, Betsy! smiley I like the way they turned out!

Erin, I LOVE those hand-drawn 3D elements (not like you wouldn't have guessed that, given how much hand-drawn stuff I usually make...). I can't wait to use them in layouts!

I'm probably going to have quite a few groups of elements for this kit, roughly centered on food, sports, school activities, teen entertainment outside school, and that all-important first car/drivers license. I'm also planning on some simple speech/thought bubbles. Those whose kids don't even bother with a pickup game here and there can skip the sports ones, but I'd like to add the ability for anyone to use this blog train for whatever their teen is into.

Thanks, Holly! I think people will have quite a variety of things to choose from after October!

On a side note, I made a Quick Page with my kit, and it's available for download NOW (just in case you're just dying for October 1 already) I should have put this on the preview, but it is a PNG file.

--->get it at http://erincrouchstudio.blogspot.com/

Nice, Erin!

I think I'm done making my list of elements I want to put into it...just the word art list is a page and a half long (though most will be word bits/tags and only a few big word art pieces, it's still gonna be a huge list).

I'm planning on drawing a few foods and 1-2 elements each for a whole raft of sports, plus elements for general, science and art classes, and a bunch of general life elements. I'm going to include about 4 flowers, but I'm planning on around 10 leaves/branches/seed pods. Hopefully that'll work for everyone's teens, but still give the patrons the non-girly kit they requested!

But if I'm not around a whole lot this month...I'm likely drawing instead of talking, because this will probably be my biggest kit yet!

@Holly, I have a Wacom Tablet...and it's a nice one, but I haven't used it enough to get used to it. I've just been hand drawing things with a sharpie marker on paper and then scanning them. One day I'll have to try the program that you use and my Wacom tablet.

I can't wait for Oct 1st! Everything is looking so nice and so down my alley! Here is what I made:

They have a free demo available, Erin... Give yourself permission to "evaluate it for potential school use" since you're a teacher--it'll surprise you just how close it is to drawing things on paper or painting on canvas. smiley

Some great-looking stuff already! You gals sure are fast. LOL

I've decided to do a kit on teenage "firsts." Everything from first kiss/love/heartbreak, first driving lesson, first prom/dance, first college road trip, first solo date, first SAT's, first marching band/glee club experience, first high school play, etc. and etc. Making it cohesive is going to be the challenge.

@Vanessa: it is never too late to share anything! If you still want to share your whale, put your preview and download link in the Freebies section - don't forget to post your name and the terms of use (PU/CU etc). Please read the guidelines before posting!

@Sally, that sounds like a great idea with the "firsts" kit!!

This one was a fun one to return to

Here is what I came up with

ooh.... the patterns are so awesome Marcela. Particularly love the slicing effect in the gray and orange chevron.

@Betsy, I am also in love with half tones... and the hexagon halftone is the most unique one I have seen. Love it

@Erin, love the green labyrinth puzzle type paper. ... and the unusual blue brick. So unique. My husband is partially colour blind and he once drew a blue brick wall.... smiley lovely papers and lovely 3D elements.

@Kayl, I love the way you have put the glossy edge on two opposite sides of the brads.

I was having this problem with some brads. Some of them have prominent gloss(shine) on one edge and its usually on the top (north).

If it doesn't have any graphic on it, then it's easy to rotate the brad, so that the gloss corresponds to the light source of the rest of the page. But when there is an image and I can't rotate the brad then the gloss on it looks very odd.

Thanks a lot for these. I can keep any light source and they will be suitable. smiley

Pages

Topic locked