Oct 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 2016 Blog Train - Ideas

Please share your thoughts on theme and palette for the October blog train below.

We had one thought to do something about Arts, after our sports theme in September. Let me know what you think about that!

I would like to see a school theme one day. I hadn't seen a train like that since I've been here. Back to school, school days or something like that. Just my 2 cents. smiley

I suppose it could be back to school and some folks could choose to do "art/band/music/choir/theatre" kits! smiley

Any thoughts on colors?

Most school colors are primary colors, so maybe we could provide a wide range of primary colors? Green, Black, White, Red, Purple, Maroon, Yellow, Blue....

can we use the same colors as we did for the sports one?

As an alternative to primary colors this palette is more muted but it is still pretty bright. I think it could also be used for arts/artwork if we go that direction. Since the train in is Oct the colors suggest autumn. I have to say tho I'm a bit partial to fall colors as fall is my favorite season. smiley

Beautiful colors, Jessica.

If not this month, because school colors tend to be primary, bold hues, but maybe next month I'd like to see a softer palette of colors--we seem to have used a lot of heavy saturated colors lately. I like Jessica's suggestion above-- something a little more muted.

I like your palette Jessica. I may participate in Oct.

Jessica, I really like your palette! Could we maybe add a purple and/or a green?

i like it too!

And I love it!!

I agree....the palette Jessica has selected is really pretty.

i'm for the artwork, since school kits are so popular during this time...and I've done a school kit...;)

If we go with the school theme, can we throw in some neon?

I think we could use Jessica's colors and maybe make the theme "School Arts" or "School of Art" or "Back to School; Performing Arts Edition" LOL.

Some could do a traditional "Back to School" kit and others could do a more artsy interpretation.

Wow, Andene! your palettes are also awesome! Difficult to choose between yours and Jessica's because they are totally different!!

In my oppinion, Jessica's colors are lovely to make a "Crafts" kit (for instance about sewing) or a more "shabby" kit, I don't see them in a School-themed kit... call me conventional;)

I have another palette proposal:

Thank you everyone!
@Sonia ~ thats a pretty palette!

Ok here is an adjusted palette where I turned the teal color toward more of a chalkboard green {lifted it off a green chalkboard image}. I added Sonia's red since it's more "apples & little red schoolhouse" whereas mine was a washed shade and tad more orangey in nature. I tried working in a purple but I just couldn't find one to work with without tipping the balance. Maybe someone could try a palette with a purple in it?

I like your theme ideas Erin!

I combined Jessica's palette with a bit of the neon, what do you think?

Marisa, I kinda miss the golden yellow and I just really dislike that purple/pink color. Of course, that is just my personal opinion. I'm not a fan of the neon.

I usually keep quiet but that isn't very helpful is it....lol. I still prefer Jessica's original color palette and agree with Erin. Sonia's palette is also nice.

Jessica, I love the updated palette. I'm like you, though, I don't think the purple will work, which is fine. Marisa, while the additional colors are nice, I really don't care for that purple or pink either, it seems too pastel. I was thinking of a more vibrant color, but I realize it will not work with the proposed palettes, which is fine.

Thank you everyone!

Marisa, I agree with Erin, I don't like the purple color, neither, sorry;)

Jessica, I think that your second palette proposal is perfect!!!

I like Jessica's palette proposal, but it does remind me of the palette the DigitalScrapbook.com designers used for the PYP Work day Collaboration. That doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, maybe some colors can even be exactly the same so the kits from the collaboration can be used together in a layout with the kits from the blog train.

This is the palette we used for the Work Day collaboration:

Sharon, You are right. It reminded me of that collab (WHICH I LOOOOOOVE) and also of Sheila's kit called School Fun (Minus the lime green). But with that being said, they are GREAT colors!

Sharon, I agree with you that the colors are similar, and the palette used for that collaboration is great, there are more hues and we can play a lot with them!

I will love to use them all and it would be a great idea to make this blog train with the same colors of the collab so that people could combine both bundles...

Well, that's my opinion, let's wait for the other ladies' opinions!!

We could just use the palette from last month as well, which is quite similar to the ones people seem to like. I was hoping for something a little more intriguing, but I guess the people want what they want!

I think last months would be perfect then all the the sports thems will work with the arts and school them!

I think it would be fun to make an artsy theme with the colors from Keep it Moving! Maybe we could do that and have one massive school/sports/arts bundle. Then in November we could do an theme using Jessica's colors with maybe a fall theme?

Pages

Topic locked