October 2019 Blog Train - Working

51 posts / 0 new
Last post

I've been a huge fan of Beatrix Potter's childrens books and artwork since I was a little girl. Even though her work isn't really nursery rhyme related, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to show off the adorable Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddle-Duck characters for this train.

*sigh* If only I had a nickel for every hour I spent reading her books over and over, and trying to mimic her artwork with pencils and crayons as a child...

I guess you could say I'm living vicariously through PS blog trains. smiley

Oh, and if anyone's interested, there's a great movie about Beatrix Potter's life called "Miss Potter" (2006) with Renee Zellweger playing the lead role. Just make sure you have a box of kleenex handy *sniffle sniffle*. I can't count how many times I've watched this wonderful movie! smiley

@Marisa: smiley

Oh Brenda, your kit is absolutely adorable!! I love your theme and I can hardly wait to get your papers!!

I may have gone a bit fairy tale as opposed to nursery rhymes....but I guess it's still in the same vein, lol!

OMG, Rachel! I adore this~! I'm a huge black and white stripe fan!

Rachel, your kit is too cute!

All of the kits are so darn cute! What a fun theme!

These are all super fun so far, but Brenda, I have to say that yours is especially sweet! I've actually been reading through a Beatrix Potter treasury with my boys recently, so it's very timely.

Here is my submission. I am loving the challenge of someone else choosing the theme and colors. It is really helping me get into designing.

Love the little glitter bursts and that sorta grungy layered frame! Nicely designed!

You're back!? I feel like I haven't seen you around much! And I am a lover of black and white stripes and polka dots, you should see my closet!! lol

This is mine. Designed by my little dougther: PSOct2019_TamaraF_Preview_PU by Tamara Fernandes, no Flickr

It took me forever to put something together for this theme. I changed my mind about the direction to take many times. I even decided to just step away from this month's theme. I gave it a go and designed two kids and a cat...
It's really great to see that so many designer's really found their MoJo on this theme - so many really creative and well-designed kits.

Here is my part

[img][/img]

I do enjoy seeing everyone's take on this particular theme. smiley

Me, too, Amanda! It's all so innocent and of days gone by (sort of, at least for me, since my kid is 17 and I'm old! LOL), and wonderful!

Oh, I'm always lurking. I post layouts. I went through a divorce last year and it was rough. I haven't been scrapping as much and I definitely haven't made anything for blog trains. I'm doing well now but I used to scrap as an escape from the ex. So now, I'm out and enjoying life a lot more! It's good but I don't get as much scrapping time!

Wow, I didn't check in for a few days while I was finishing up my "Hit the Road" kit (which is now in the Commons).
Anyway...

@Diane - you never disappoint!! the boy & are are simply divine, and wow the vine is gorgeous!!

@Laura - love the touches of glitter you gave us (I meant to add some to mine, so I'm glad you did some!)

@Tamara - what sweet designs your daughter created!

@Sunny - love the two vintage illustrations! and the boy, girl, and cat are so cute!

@Nili - I adore the boy & girl, especially since they have a vintage look, and you papers are beautiful!

Pages

Topic locked