Designer Ask Us Anything - We are Live Right Now! [Past]

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Designer Ask Us Anything - We are Live Right Now! [Past]

This event is past, but you can watch the video here.

--

Got a scrapbooking question? Or is there something in Photoshop you'd like to know how to do? Some other burning question you need to ask a digital scrapbooking designer? ⁠

Join Sharon-Dewi and I on Zoom on Wednesday the 15th at 1:30 CST (6:30pm GMT) for a live Ask Us Anything Chat. Bring a question or come and learn something from the other questions we'll answer. If you already know your question, leave it below so we can prepare ourselves smiley

Also, if you can't join us, but have a question, leave it below and we'll answer it for you. We'll upload the recorded event so you can catch your answer at a later date.

Example questions:

• How to do x or y in Photoshop.
  • How to make a certain kind of project or layout.
  • How we got into scrapbooking and designing.
  • What are some of our favorite projects.
  • Anything at all!

Here's the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/4249195080
Password: pixel

This looks fun!!!!

Greattttttt I will attend for sure my questions how to make such beautiful quality pictures as Rachel Etrog ? When looking at her website we have the feeling the resolution is high so high how did she manage that ?
Since you are designers can you tell us the story how you become a designer what is needed the requirements to do so I don't know gathering good taste how we can come up too ?

Good questions Isa!

We can also answer any technical questions you may have about Photoshop or Illustrator (we can do live demonstrations), how to make different graphics, questions about our creative process, etc.

I am looking forward to this. I will definitely be there! smiley

I am trying to learn to use Photoshop on an iPad Pro - I currently use PSE 2020 on my iMac and end up giving up and going back to that all the time. I have heard that there are "some limitations" on the iPad - does anyone know how to add drop shadows? or create a Layer Style?
I will try to join in the chat this time
Cheers
Trish

I'm trying to learn PS on my desktop and have been getting great response to my cry for help.

My questions would be about
1. What are various ways to make a lovely realistic type flower I've seen in kits.

2. Various ways to color grey-scale images like the flowers by Gina in the last grey-scale flower kit she posted.

https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/gina-jones/kits/fabric-flower-template-kit-element-leaf-stem-gray

3. Also.. in using grey-scale elements, what are various ways to get additional color in an element to make it blend in, like if I changed the color of the flower to pink, what are good ways to change the center area or stymen to gold and yellow.

I hope my questions make sense.

How do you get texture to show up on very dark/black and white papers/elements? Thanks in advance!! See you all there. smiley

Hi,

I have seen several embellishments on one page which is designed to be printed. I work in PSE 2019 and would like to, for example, set a page (11 x 8.5") up with tags. I would like to embellish each tag with different elements to create a collage, then save the page as a JPEG for printing. Would I set up each tag as a separate layer and then add various elements for the collage? If I may ask another question, how does one properly set up a page in PSE (I would think it would be the same in Photoshop) to be able to print. When I work on patterned paper it prints out just fine but when I am working on embellishments on one page it does not print out properly.

Thank you,
Kathi

I'd love tp try actual designing - do you start from scratch or use templates for different elements.

Our AMA is about to start! Join me and Sharon-Dewi on Zoom!

Here's the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/4249195080
Password: pixel

We are live now!!!

Oh no. Just woken up (5.15am) so I've missed the zoom chat.

Oh well - I'll just have to watch the video. Hope you all had a great time and got loads of info from the talented designers.

Cheers
Trish

I'm working on the video right now Trish. Unfortunately we didn't have any iPad users on the call today, although if people are interested in iPad scrapping, I can find some experts in the future!

Thanks so much for the AUA! I was only able to log on to the last 15 minutes or so. If the recording worked I would love to see it later. With so little on my calendar right now, it's amazing that I double booked Zoom calls smiley I'll be on the lookout if you do it again.

Oh man! Scheduling conflict...my question though is how to make templates...how about card toppers? designing envelopes...these are a few on my mind lately...hopefully I sent my questions in soon enough! Can't wait to watch this!!

This was really insightful! Thank you Marisa & Sharon!

Thanks to everyone who left questions! You can watch the AMA video here.

If you watch this video and don't mind noting down the topics and time stamp where we start discussing that topic, I'll add it to the notes.