April 2016 Blog Train - Working

113 posts / 0 new
Last post

Everything is looking beautiful! I love the colors, but I'm kind of lost on the theme... Although I guess something with flowers...?

Ha, Melo! That was what I did. I was thinking spring flowers at first, like crocuses, lilies, tulips, daffodills...but I ended up going in just a generic direction with "blooming" as a central idea.

I love all the "blooming" talent on these pages! smiley I wasn't sure how I felt about the colors at first, but once I got started, things started "sprouting"! Have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts tonight. You are an incredible group of women. Well...this is what I came up with this month.

Yeah, that was me.. Haha I just started making papers, didn't really find my way and said oh well, flowers it is!

Looks beautiful, Diane!

Kayl I keep mine for 3 months as I put the new one up I go back down and write download has expired, so I have 3 freebie items running at one given time the reason i do this is i can take the download down from the host and not use any more bandwidth than my free account allows.

I am loving what i have seen so far wow such talent in the group !

Thanks, Kayl. It seems like "when in doubt...throw flowers at it"!! Flowers are the main course in the entire scrapbooking industry. I would like to try designing where flowers aren't the main emphasis. I've been a woodcraft designer for over 20 years and we rarely use flowers unless it's meant to be the main focal point.

I don't keep my free downloads up forever either. And I just ignore any snarky comments. When they can walk in my shoes, then maybe I'll pay more attention to them smiley

I made this doodles font for the blogtrain but I am going to leave the link to download here so, if you want to use it to make your part, feel free to do so: (Click on image to go to the mediafire link)

Wow you ladies are so talented.. I can't wait to see the whole blog train

@Erin ~ Looks great! I esp love that floral frame!
@Diane ~ Such a pretty kit!
@Cintia ~ Wonderful doodles & how generous of you to share so we can use them in the BT!

I'm still working on the elements. Mostly just trying to arrange them better on the preview lol! But here is a preview of the journal cards I finished -

Jessica, your journal cards are beautiful!

Thank you Jessica! Truth is, I am in awe with everyone's contributions so far!! I can't wait for next month train to start!!

@Diane ~ Thank you!
@Cintia ~ I agree! I'm really looking forward to Aprils train! smiley

Ok I think Im finished with this preview. I decided, to more or less, group types of things together. I always struggle with element previews.

Gorgeous Jessica!

Thank you Melo!

I really love this palette, but goodness knows when I'll ever get into some designing again! I have finally got my new computer smiley, and I am sorting out my files as I put them in their new folders -- I want everything to be exactly where I want it from now on, and have even been re-downloading things I already had, just so I can sort everything properly from the ground up. It's taking a very long time, but it will be well worth it in the end!

Thank you for your very pretty font, Cintia! And it's CU, too!

Here is my part so far. I may add more depending on how busy real life is. I'm obsessed with this theme!!!! smiley

Rene, I'm in love with your papers, as always... they are stunning.
I also like the other contributions, ladies! I'm thinking about joining this one again after a few busy months but can't say inspiration hit me hard this month. I started making layouts again since my photobooks are also way behind 'schedule'. Well... as long as I finish them before the kids leave the house I'm fine, right? smiley
So I'll see which way the scale will tip this month: scrapping or designing. Or a bit of both...

This blog train promises! Loved the theme, the colors, everything, everything.

Beautiful Rene! I love all of it!

And I probably got a bit carried away myself and made an alpha to go with this train ~ The alpha came from an embroidery alphabet from 1868. smiley As you can probably tell I am pretty excited about this train loL!

Ladies/Designers - you are all F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S - thank you all! I can't wait for April.

Everything looks wonderful! I especially like Jessica's alpha. Looking forward to April, and hoping I have time to contribute something.

Gorgeous, Jessica, all of it!!

Love the papers and birds, Rene, super cute!

Love the alpha, Jessica!! Gorgeous!

Thank you Kathryn, Kayl & Rene! And if times permits for you I hope you can contribute Kathryn & Katherine! smiley

I wanted to go a watercolor route with these colors. It didn't come out exactly like I imagined it in my head but here's my part for the train...

Beautiful Jennifer! I esp love those ornamental teal papers!

Thanks Jessica smiley

Pages

Topic locked